By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Did anyone else find this year's E3 a bit boring?

Everyone's Conference except Nintendo's, really.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Around the Network

Really Microsoft had no new non-Kinect announcements, outside of the Crytek thing. We can't say that Sony's show was leaked, because aside from Motorstorm, they intended to announce all of that when they did. Nintendo was forced to name the 3DS ahead of time, and DKCR fell out from IGN a few days ahead of time, but most of their stuff was quite new. Portal 2 PS3 and Twisted Metal also came out of nowhere (indeed, Sony ran a small misinformation campaign against the possibility of new Twisted Metal)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Short answer: No

Long answer: HHHEEEELLL No

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Are you talking in general, or just referring to the Sony conference?

Donkey Kong Country Returns. Nuff' said

Above: still the best game of the year.

Around the Network

I thought Nintedo's was good I'm ready for the 3DS.

Microsoft spent way too much time on Kinect and I didn't watch all of Sony's but they weren't much better.

E3 was pretty bad this year. My friend was away so he missed all of it and asked me to update him. I struggled really to tell him exciting stuff. I showed him a few trailers but their wasn't that "You Got To See This" moment that i was hoping for. Microsofts conference was horrible and Sonys had a few cool trailers but was somewhat boring. Everyone keeps saying that Nintendos was awesome but take away the 3ds and it was average at best. How can you take away the 3ds? Well I dont play handhelds and thats not gonna change cause its 3d. I guess Ill be hoping that TGS is better but somehow i doubt it will be.

Personally I think this E3 was one of the three best ever, along with the '04 show where Nintendo unveiled the Twilight Princess trailer, and of course '06 which featured the debut of the Wii, the PS3 and the second generation of 360 games.

While I do agree that Sony leaked a lot before-hand, they still surprised with Twisted Metal (which David Jaffe had previously flat-out denied), and the awesome Portal 2 announcement.

Nintendo really had the biggest impact at E3, i was watching the live stream, and was just blown away by it to be honest. It brought all sorts of emotions back seeing Kirby coming back.
I don't really go for Nintendos usual way of making about 10 different versions of their handheld, but the 3ds looked so impressive, and convinced me that i may have to invest.

Although, the Portal 2 announcement for ps3, really really made me smile, absolutely love portal, and was a bit unsure about if it would be returning to consoles, but so happy it's coming back to ps3.