By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Did anyone else find this year's E3 a bit boring?

Compared to previous E3's, this one was lacking a little bit.

Don't get me wrong, there was some great stuff announced for all three.

But it's now like, everything gets leaked before hand and it kills the whole hype of E3. I used to be psyched when E3 was on every year, but this one passed by so quick it didn't even feel like it was on.

I don't know, nothing blew my mind this year really, that might have been it.. but hey, it was still good, just kinda sucked at the same time.

Oh well, hopes high for next year.

Around the Network

I'll agree that too much stuff does get leaked these days but I disagree that the show was boring.  It was good, in some parts great, but it would have been even better if everything announced had been a surprise.

you know I was expecting alot from sony and ms......they seemed to dissapoint

Smashed said:

Good idea. Get a headstart on being disappointed all over again.

I agree, though. Sony in particular could have had a pretty awesome conference if they had announced MotorStorm, Killzone 3, etc. at the show instead of revealing them beforehand.

badgenome said:
Smashed said:

Good idea. Get a headstart on being disappointed all over again.

I agree, though. Sony in particular could have had a pretty awesome conference if they had announced MotorStorm, Killzone 3, etc. at the show instead of revealing them beforehand.

Yeah.

Well, you never know, it could be a much better show than this year. We'll have to wait and see.

Around the Network

Sony is the only one I can think of that had massive problems with leaks. Damn near their entire show was known before handy. Microsoft had some nifty stuff, but nothing that really took center stage. ESPN streaming to the 360 is cool and all, but doesn't really work when announced on gamings biggest stage. You can talk to Nintendo about how well the casual stuff goes over. I dunno what people could find wrong with Nintendo's conference this year. Extremely impressive, and diverse line-up of games and most of them complete surprises.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

The only leak I can remember is IGN implying that Retro were working on a DKC game, which they were

Other than that, I can't remember any other leaks.

axumblade said:
Gnizmo said:

Sony is the only one I can think of that had massive problems with leaks. Damn near their entire show was known before handy. Microsoft had some nifty stuff, but nothing that really took center stage. ESPN streaming to the 360 is cool and all, but doesn't really work when announced on gamings biggest stage. You can talk to Nintendo about how well the casual stuff goes over. I dunno what people could find wrong with Nintendo's conference this year. Extremely impressive, and diverse line-up of games and most of them complete surprises.

Other than people who just don't like Nintendo, I would say that almost everybody should agree that Nintendo's conference was great. Sony had a few decent reveals that managed to last up until the day before their show. It sucked that Twisted Metal was ruined for me by a thread on here, as was Patapon 3 and Sly Cooper HD. Next year, I'm avoiding the site during e3.

exactly......I havent bought a nintendo product since n64....and I wnt a 3DS so bad!!!!

nintendo has made a huge impact in my opinion!!!

sorry to bring up old thread

Thank you...I thought I was the only one not going crazy with excitement about the motion control extravaganza....

...and the oh so forseeable avalance of shooters while other genres were for the most part excluded.

A bit boring?, you are a master of understatement, Last E3 restored my faith, in this one I lost it completely again especially with the heartbreak of what the new Castlevania looks like. At least Zelda looks good though.

The few Jrpgs (especially Final Fantasy 13), Bayonetta and Tomb Raider underworld are all that is keeping me in this generation, my ps2 library looks more appetising after almost every one of the new announcement's these days

But then I'm not overly fanatical about gaming (just certain types of game) so take my comments with a grain of salt. I may be missing the point

as you say maybe next year... we know they can do well, last year proved that, there is still hope

PLAYSTATION NATION LADY OF JRPGS

Favourite Games of 2013 1.Tomb Raider(PS3) 2.Atelier Ayesha(PS3) 3.Virtues Last Reward (Vita)

In past E3's I've been wowed by both Sony and/or Microsoft, and bored or confused (in the case of the name change from Revolution to "Wii") by Nintendo.

This year it was almost the exact opposite.  Stuff by Microsoft impressed (core games, Kinect dashboard) while other stuff bored (casual kinect games).  Same with Sony (good = core games, bored = casual move games).  Nintendo however, mostly hit it out of the park I thought.  Kirby, Kid Icarus, Legend of Zelda...good stuff.