By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii "MOST ACTIVE" console.....BS

Smidlee said:

My wife could possible answer yes of using the Wii one hour a week because of wit fit.

Right, and that would be the correct answer.

Smidlee said:

I couldn't ask yes to Wii,Ps3 nor 360 since I don't use one console atleast one hour a week. Ther closest I could comw would be PS3 as a DVD player

Right, because you're not "playing" with the console, which is all the videogame industry gives a crap about.

Smidlee said:

Yet the 360 and PS3 is use many more hours by me than the few hours my wife uses the wii. The survey would suggest the wii is uses by adults  in my house more than HD consles yet that is far from the truth. The wii in fact in the less active.

Wrong.  The survey does not care or claim to care about anything aside from how much time per week you spend playing videogames on your console, because that is the only thing that will matter to a videogame company. 

Note that Reggie himself does not claim any conclusions beyond this data ("The share of play..." "Regular Play..." "How often they played...").

Around the Network

I wonder how this contrasts with the Nielsen surveys that have persistently shown Wii to be lowest?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Smidlee said:

Wii fit is not really a game

Not played it much I see.  Part of the routines are playing games.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

I work for Ipsos and i have noticed that the client carefully chooses the way questions are worded so this can "skew" the raw data slightly one way or another if the client so chooses. However the actual interviewers won't word the questions in any way to influence the persons being interviewed as they have no interests involved in the answers given whatsoever. It makes no difference to them.

So whilst the actual data is likely to be very accurate, it can be presented to seem favourable to a client because of the ambiguity of the question and clients very carefully choose the way it is worded.

On a side note, i didn't realise Ipsos had a foothold in the U.S. and i didn't realise the big N used them . WOW!

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

It's funny, for as much of a Nintendo fan that I am, I have probably played Gears 1 and 2 more than my entire Wii console. That's not to say I don't play it a lot though, just that I've played Gears a lot more. My most played game on Wii is Smash Bros with something like 60 hours. For Wii I tend to cycle through a lot of games then move on, 360 I play fewer games but for longer amounts of time.

Around the Network
Metallicube said:

It's funny, for as much of a Nintendo fan that I am, I have probably played Gears 1 and 2 more than my entire Wii console. That's not to say I don't play it a lot though, just that I've played Gears a lot more. My most played game on Wii is Smash Bros with something like 60 hours. For Wii I tend to cycle through a lot of games then move on, 360 I play fewer games but for longer amounts of time.

For me it is the opposite. I don't know why, but I got bored of all my 360 games fast....with the exclusion of COD4 and ME1-2, but currently the console I am really playing is the ps3. Speaking of which I am going to go play it right now. 

RolStoppable said:
Metallicube said:

You should be ashamed of yourself for calling yourself a Nintendo fan while making such a confession.

I think he's saying that he buys a lot more Wii games than the Xbox360 since he only plays 2 games on the Xbox.

Some people seem to be hurt by this. :S

My wii gets about 40 hours per week thanks to monster hunter :)

Edit: now that i think of it, i think it gets more than that .. let's say 50 to 60? counting my weekend plays or smash or somethin with friends.

Pyro as Bill said:

What the hell are all these >18 yr olds playing if there are hardly any 18 rated games on the system?

Just doesn't make sense, Reggie's lying.

I am 27 years old and I play games of all ratings, from Pokemon and Animal Crossing to Mortal Kombat and GTA.  I am after fun, entertaining experience.  I don't care if a game has blood, gore, sex, drug use, or violence unless it is part of a compelling story, intrigal to the art and theme of the game, or part of the key gameplay.

Perhaps if people 18 are only buing M rated games because everything else is "Kiddie," using the term "Mature" to rate games is not appropriate.

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X