By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii "MOST ACTIVE" console.....BS

The hardcorest of the hardcore don't play as much wii as other consoles???

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
Smidlee said:

Also the question states  atleast one to two hours a week. What if someone played 5 hours a week? Why not stated it "atleast one hour a week" instead. 

It's an unusual phrase, but anything over one hour counts.

Yet when it comes to surveys how the question is asked makes a big difference in the answers.

... what?

Metallicube said:
Pyro as Bill said:

What the hell are all these >18 yr olds playing if there are hardly any 18 rated games on the system?

Just doesn't make sense, Reggie's lying.

And who says you have to play 18 rated games if you're 18 years old? I and many people I know play several E rated Wii games like Mario Kart, Wii Sports, Wario Ware, etc, and have plenty of fun with it, and we are in our 20s. You can't put an age limit on the fun factor of a game.

Your sarcasm meter is severely broken.

Chrizum said:
Metallicube said:
Pyro as Bill said:

What the hell are all these >18 yr olds playing if there are hardly any 18 rated games on the system?

Just doesn't make sense, Reggie's lying.

And who says you have to play 18 rated games if you're 18 years old? I and many people I know play several E rated Wii games like Mario Kart, Wii Sports, Wario Ware, etc, and have plenty of fun with it, and we are in our 20s. You can't put an age limit on the fun factor of a game.

Your sarcasm meter is severely broken.

I guess so. Though it is a little tricky to detect sarcasm over the internet, so cut me a break :P

Around the Network
Smidlee said:

Wii fit is not really a game so what about using PS3 as a DVD/Blu-ray player? Does that count in the survey?

That's not really comparable, and in fact, it seems downright trollish. A better question would be, "Does Metal Gear Solid 4 count in the survey?"

Smidlee said:
noname2200 said:
Smidlee said:

Also the question states  atleast one to two hours a week. What if someone played 5 hours a week? Why not stated it "atleast one hour a week" instead. 

Yet when it comes to surveys how the question is asked makes a big difference in the answers.

Right... I'm not sure what you're getting at, to be honest.  They asked people how many hours per week they played.  Reggie's summarizing everyone who picked "at least one to two hours per week" and up, then lumped them together.

It would have been better if Reggie had summarized the results as "more than an hour a week," rather than just restating the lowest qualifying category, but how Reggie summarizes the results  has no relationship to how the survey was taken.

Now that I think about it, I've played the Wii a lot more than my PC or PS3 lately, what an evil ass fucking console.

For me it depends on the latest games I've purchased. I'd bet this is the same for any multi-console owner. Consider this survey took place after NSMBWii launched.

Once I bought my PS3 in February, I played it exclusively until 3 weeks ago after I had finished Assassin's Creed and BatmanAA. Now, I've been playing Wii exclusively until I finish NSMBWii and SMG2. Then I'll probably hope on Ps3 to play AC2 until MetroidOM launches.

However, in my kids only play Wii for many more hours a week than I play any games. So, Wii is definitely used more by my household at any given time.

EDIT: sorry, forgot to mention how bad the OP failed. You really need more argument than a title buddy. lah-oo-sa-her.

noname2200 said:
Smidlee said:
noname2200 said:
Smidlee said:

Right... I'm not sure what you're getting at, to be honest.  They asked people how many hours per week they played.  Reggie's summarizing everyone who picked "at least one to two hours per week" and up, then lumped them together.

It would have been better if Reggie had summarized the results as "more than an hour a week," rather than just restating the lowest qualifying category, but how Reggie summarizes the results  has no relationship to how the survey was taken.

So we don't know exactly how the question was ask or answer only got the summarized Reggie version.

My wife could possible answer yes of using the Wii one hour a week because of wit fit.

I couldn't ask yes to Wii,Ps3 nor 360 since I don't use one console atleast one hour a week. The closest I could come would be PS3 as a DVD player.

Yet the 360 and PS3 is use many more hours by me than the few hours my wife uses the wii. The survey would suggest the wii is uses by adults  in my house more than HD consoles yet that is far from the truth. The wii in fact is the least active.