By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Metroid: Other M sales predictions thread

A 96 metacritic is "split reviews"...now I've heard everything.

Just because you didn't like the game Jarrod doesn't mean it had split critical reviews...there was unanimous praise

I will agree fan reaction was somewhat mixed.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:

A 96 metacritic is "split reviews"...now I've heard everything.

Just because you didn't like the game Jarrod doesn't mean it had split critical reviews...there was unanimous praise

I will agree fan reaction was somewhat mixed.

Scores alone aren't the sum total of a review.  I'm not sure why people are having a problem grasping that?  Don't you heathens read EDGE? :P

That comes down to a value proposition concerning what you see as the more relevant (or weighty) complaints concer-

NO

No

This is an Other M sales prediction thread

How did the conversation even go in this direction

It ends now.

Back to watching sales.

Khuutra said:

That comes down to a value proposition concerning what you see as the more relevant (or weighty) complaints concer-

NO

No

This is an Other M sales prediction thread

How did the conversation even go in this direction

It ends now.

Back to watching sales.

Don't use "concerning" twice in 1 sentence!!!

Back to Other M sales.....

Well looking at Epic Mickey's opening week sales in UK its safe to say Other M won't be the sales disappointment of the year

darthdevidem01 said:

Well looking at Epic Mickey's opening week sales in UK its safe to say Other M won't be the Wii sales disappointment of the year

You went fromm being off-topic to being off-topic again.

More, I'm not quite sure what the expected sales levels were for Epic Mickey, or how those will play out in the long term (long term being more than a week in one country in one territory).

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Well looking at Epic Mickey's opening week sales in UK its safe to say Other M won't be the Wii sales disappointment of the year

You went fromm being off-topic to being off-topic again.

More, I'm not quite sure what the expected sales levels were for Epic Mickey, or how those will play out in the long term (long term being more than a week in one country in one territory).

That was the point

Okay, Metroid... how is Other M tracking compared to other "2nd Metroids" per system?   ie: Prime 2 or Zero Mission?

jarrod said:

Okay, Metroid... how is Other M tracking compared to other "2nd Metroids" per system?   ie: Prime 2 or Zero Mission?

Good question

*awaits khuutie's answer*

jarrod said:

This is a peculiar qualifier, especially as only one of those is an original game. The two games performed nothing alike.

My answer will depend. Do you want to use VGChartz or NPD numbers for the states?

Khuutra said:
jarrod said:

This is a peculiar qualifier, especially as only one of those is an original game. The two games performed nothing alike.

My answer will depend. Do you want to use VGChartz or NPD numbers for the states?

Zero Mission is essentially an original game.  Similar to Star Fox 64.

I'll take any and all data. <3