By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EA Excited over Ps3 sales "Target"

Well JAPAN will get a HUGE boost with WKS, DMC4....

LBP might do wonders in Q1 08 & Home also

but STILL 14.6 million is difficult

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

Around the Network
darthdevidem said:
Well JAPAN will get a HUGE boost with WKS, DMC4....

LBP might do wonders in Q1 08 & Home also

but STILL 14.6 million is difficult

Devil May cry sold 300k on its first week on the ps2, and hardware sales actually decreased that week... Hot shots golf is a much bigger franchise in japan than DMC and it didn't sold a lot of consoles for the ps3.

LBP / WKS = New games, hard to tell how much they are going to do... especially LBP.

Home won't do anything. 

Sorry, but it's almost impossible for Sony to reach their sales target.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

Leo-J,

By your previous predictions isn't the PS3 supposed to be outselling the XBox 360 and Wii now?

The fact of the matter is that White Knight Story and Little Big Planet are going to sell (at best) at a similar rate to Uncharted, Heavenly Sword and Lair ...

I do hope that the orange box port doesn't suck for PS3, plz EA, do something good for one time.

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

Ummmmm, maybe. Looking at the data, they need to hope for a good Christmas season (which they might not get right now) and still sell between Jan. to April. It's a bit of a long shot. They may be able to make 8 or 9 million. But 11 is a bit much. Even with the price cut, it moves at a slow pace. It speed up a little, but is still lagging behind it's competitors.

Around the Network
tuggy said:
STOP BUYING PS3

i would but i just can't.  a friend offered me one and i was like, okay but just this once.  but like pez or pringles i just couldn't stop.  now i have 26 ps3's and i'm sure i'll get a few more before the end of the year.  DAMN YOU PS3!!

leo-j said:
tuggy said:
STOP BUYING PS3

Why?

He doesn't want us to O_O

So Sony is going to ship totally 14.6m PS3 at the end of march 2008? Its going to be very hard for them. Depend on how many unsold the storeas want to have. I think Sony can manage 10m sold at the end of march. Dont think stores want to have 4.6m ps3 lying around there.

Soriku said:
leo-j phails... ...And is becoming more and more of a liar than he already is...

You fail dude, I never said I didint like it, I jsut said what do peopel see in the wii. But now I know.

mM

@Happy-squirel

lets not tease people on wrong predictions

because in the opinion of many people the ps3 should've sold 5.5 million units by the end of 08

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million