By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EA Excited over Ps3 sales "Target"

leo-j said:
Who in their intellegent minds would think the ps3 would top at 5.5 Million by years end?

soriku

Around the Network

@harvey
i dont know thats what ive been wondering

@Cdiablo

well you should SPECIFY whether you mean worldwide or USA only..

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

CDiablo said:
darthdevidem said:
@CDiablo

yes sales will be belo 125K

even thought Ps3 sold 102K in EU last week

yup it's gonna sell 10K in Japan from 56K last week & around 15K in USA

an ALL time low

I wish I had a mind like yours....

Since your an idiot I will simplify it. Since I was talking about black friday it should be obvoius I am refering to US sales. I will be suprised if they break 125k US sales this coming week. Im glad I dont have a mind like yours.

yeah i dont think it will do 125k this week in america,but it might do it some week in december

@CDiablo: What you are saying it's pure nonsens. Look hot X360 did last year in US :
http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=------&cons2=PS3&reg2=------&cons3=X360&reg3=America&start=38984&end=39110
The best week is the week ending 25th of December. There are four or maybe five great weeks before each console. The sales are just starting to explode you will see bigger numbers in following weeks.

Around the Network

No matter how many times I see it, it still saddens me when I notice most of the new posters completely ignoring the earlier discussion. Folks, even assuming that Sony sells 8m PS3s by the end of 2007, that still leaves them almost 6m short of their financial projections.

Do you really think that they can sell 2m PER MONTH, for three straight months? That's 461k per week over 13 weeks in Q1 2008. It's simply impossible. Even the Wii doesn't sell that well.

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)

Sullla said:
No matter how many times I see it, it still saddens me when I notice most of the new posters completely ignoring the earlier discussion. Folks, even assuming that Sony sells 8m PS3s by the end of 2007, that still leaves them almost 6m short of their financial projections.

Do you really think that they can sell 2m PER MONTH, for three straight months? That's 461k per week over 13 weeks in Q1 2008. It's simply impossible. Even the Wii doesn't sell that well.

Expect people to still post "oh they can do 11 million by March just fine" even after you posted this in the second page ;)

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

jimmay said:
Uh o, possible good news for the ps3, quickly fanboys try and play it down...

EA being delusional is good news for the PS3?

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ClaudeLv250 said:
jimmay said:
Uh o, possible good news for the ps3, quickly fanboys try and play it down...

EA being delusional is good news for the PS3?

well EA being happy for PS3 means they might make the future PS3 games with better framerate

@endurance

anything over 15 FPS will be good from them....lol

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million