By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EA Excited over Ps3 sales "Target"

i dont think 1,000 units sitting on shelves is a good thing collecting dust which voids out the ps3 warrenty. now shipping that many will tell people one thing that is hey we may not be selling our systems but we can sure ship a ton of them.

dick cheney loves me, he wants to take me hunting

mkwii code- 1977-0565-0049

Around the Network
Soriku said:
jimmay said:
Soriku said:
jimmay said:
Uh o, possible good news for the ps3, quickly fanboys try and play it down...

Uh oh, jimmay's back!

Lol yes i should have guessed you'd reply to that because you are one of the biggest fanboys on here. Your predictions for the ps3 are WAY OFF and you greatly underestermated them yet you're trying to convince everybody you were 'close'.

I'm getting a PS3 genius (once I get enough GTD).
It doesnt matter what consoles you own, you can still be biased towards or against a console. Last generation i owned all 3 consoles but i definitly didnt like them equally.

jimmay said:
FishyJoe said:
jimmay said:
Soriku said:
jimmay said:

Uh oh, jimmay's back!

Lol yes i should have guessed you'd reply to that because you are one of the biggest fanboys on here. Your predictions for the ps3 are WAY OFF and you greatly underestermated them yet you're trying to convince everybody you were 'close'.

Soriku says some crazy stuff sometimes, but in this case he's right. Sony said they would sell 11m for the fiscal year and that's an undeniable fact.

No im not talking about that. Im talking about soriku predicting the ps3 only selling 5.5-6.5 million units by the end of 2007. As for sony by the end of march 2008 i predict the ps3 will have sold 11-12 million units world wide.

how bout this if they sell 11-12 million world wide by march of o8 ill give you a cookie. if not you have to give me 100 dollars they did not sell. then that will be putting your money where your mouth is.

dick cheney loves me, he wants to take me hunting

mkwii code- 1977-0565-0049

RolStoppable said:
jhlennon1 said:
FishyJoe said:
jimmay said:
Soriku said:
jimmay said:

Uh oh, jimmay's back!

Soriku says some crazy stuff sometimes, but in this case he's right. Sony said they would sell 11m for the fiscal year and that's an undeniable fact.

Sony have 4mths to ship enough units to retailers. This should be manageable unless Jan-Mar sucks for PS3 sales really badly and logically speaking they shouldn't suck that much.

11mil shipped by Mar08 is definitely within the realm of possibility.

You seem to forget that Sony is aiming to ship 11m for this fiscal year, which means 14.6m LTD by March 08. 

That's a little outside the realm of possibility unless a miracle happens. Sony to ship to it's own warehouse and call it a sale confirmed!

jhlennon1 said:
FishyJoe said:
jimmay said:
Soriku said:
jimmay said:

Uh oh, jimmay's back!

Sony have 4mths to ship enough units to retailers. This should be manageable unless Jan-Mar sucks for PS3 sales really badly and logically speaking they shouldn't suck that much.

11mil shipped by Mar08 is definitely within the realm of possibility.

NJ5, you were right!

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Around the Network

11 million shipped by march 08 is possible, but the target is 14.6 million because it includes the 3.6 million from 06-07. If things go really well they will sell about 8 million by the end of 08, and if we are generous they will have shipped 9 million at that point. That still leaves 5.6 million to be shipped in jan, feb, and march. Not a chance in hell.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

scorptile said:
jimmay said:
FishyJoe said:
jimmay said:
Soriku said:
jimmay said:

Uh oh, jimmay's back!

No im not talking about that. Im talking about soriku predicting the ps3 only selling 5.5-6.5 million units by the end of 2007. As for sony by the end of march 2008 i predict the ps3 will have sold 11-12 million units world wide.

how bout this if they sell 11-12 million world wide by march of o8 ill give you a cookie. if not you have to give me 100 dollars they did not sell. then that will be putting your money where your mouth is.

I'll give you a cookie if i lose and you can give me 100 dollars if i win, that sounds about fair.

jimmay said:
FishyJoe said:
jimmay said:
Soriku said:
jimmay said:

Uh oh, jimmay's back!

I fully expect you to be further off with your prediction than soriku was with his.

Same with leo-j and his prediction for Wii sales.

Predictions are just that, predictions. You've made some shockers, same with leo-j and same with soriku, and same with everyone else. Everyone gets it wrong sometimes. So you don't need to go and be a smartarse, everyone has 20-20 vision in hindsight.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Short of monumental channel stuffing of epic proportions, no way will they make 14.6 million LTD by then. And after the 360 channel stuffing of last year, would retailers be willing to do it? Would Sony even want to do it, knowing the bad press they'll get?

omgwtfbbq said:
jimmay said:
FishyJoe said:
jimmay said:
Soriku said:
jimmay said:

Uh oh, jimmay's back!

I fully expect you to be further off with your prediction than soriku was with his.

Same with leo-j and his prediction for Wii sales.

Predictions are just that, predictions. You've made some shockers, same with leo-j and same with soriku, and same with everyone else. Everyone gets it wrong sometimes. So you don't need to go and be a smartarse, everyone has 20-20 vision in hindsight.

Well yes they are just predictions but im yet to get one wrong and if i do get one wrong i'll be happy to say so. Soriku is set to be off by 1.5 - 2.0m with his ps3 prediction. The ps3 is out selling what the xbo360 did worldwide this time last year and even if the ps3 from now on only sells what the 360 did back then by the end of 2007 it will have sold 8.39 million units. But as the ps3 is out selling the 360 it should do 8.5 - 9.0m by the end of 07. That leaves 2.0 - 2.5 to be sold by the end of march (for my prediction)(13 weeks), so on average the ps3 would then have to sell 153,846 - 192,307 per week which is entirely possible, especially with january being a big month for japanese sales and the ps3 will benefit far more than what the xbox360 did.