By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EA Excited over Ps3 sales "Target"

kirby007 said:
Sullla said:
leo-j said:
Its nowhere near impossible.

If it hits 8 million by december 31st, it has to sell a million units per month. They might make it.

If you really think that's going to happen, I've got some seaside real estate in Nebraska to sell you. I don't know what kind of crack they're smoking at EA, but this is simply a sales impossibility. Expect Sony to come up between 2-3m short of their projections.

o really?

Don't listen to Sulla Leo, he is trying to con you. You would be much better off buying MY seaside property in Alaska. As ou can see on Kirby's map it is even more south than California and thus an even better climate with more babes in bikini and whatnot.

Just_Ben said:
What if, and thats just a if, ioi undertracks the PS3 in Europe and E.A. has access to the number of GFK etc.?

Just a thought for some of you to consider. I say it looks very good for my bet at the moment :o)

"Avec des 'Si' on met Paris en bouteille." 

That's a French saying that literally means "with Ifs you can put Paris in a bottle" so of course IF Ioi is undertracking PS3 it looks good for your bet but it works both ways and IF he is overtracking it it looks bad for it.

So far over the last 3 weeks the 360 sold 45k units more than the PS3, and the PS3 is likely to have a smaller Xmas boost (total units, not percentages) than 360 because it is coming from the price drop/40GB release boost so while it could still go both ways (and I'll admit that PS3 is closer to 360 than I thought) it is still looking better for 360 than for PS3.

In any case we will see in  a few weeks the results and a few weeks later for sure (after any adjustment made to account for any discrepancy with MS and Sony's Xmas quarter financial statement).

It's a nice bet anyway; much more fun when it can go either way (although the one-sided bet between Duckaluck and Konnichiwa is just too funny). 

"I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

Around the Network
grandmaster192 said:
"What if, and thats just a if, ioi undertracks the PS3 in Europe and E.A. has access to the number of GFK etc.?

Just a thought for some of you to consider. I say it looks very good for my bet at the moment :o)"

Ioi isn't under tracking anything. In fact, I think he's over tracking PS3 sales if anything. It's hard to believe the PS3 is doing so well...
I let you join the bet now, if you want to. Are you willing to risk something?

"I let you join the bet now, if you want to. Are you willing to risk something?"

Sure, I'll bet you.

grandmaster192 said:
"I let you join the bet now, if you want to. Are you willing to risk something?"

Sure, I'll bet you.

nouf said, I guess :o)