By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Are you ashamed of playing Nintendo games?

dsister said:

dtewi thinks that that you are just letting others' opinions bother you too much

Edit: also you see how you feel when you are going in to pick up your pre-order of Viva pinata

Translation = you are a push over OP.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Around the Network

no not really, i still and always will love mario bros and legend of zelda, but all other nintendo games i dont bother with them anymore.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Not at all. Why should anyone be ashamed? They're amazing games with great quality. Not to mention fun. I would never let anyone's opinion bother me about it.

In the end, you're the one hindering yourself if you listen to them. You're the one missing out on the fun.

This is simply peer pressure. It is perfectly normal. It comes from the fear of being excommunicated from the pack. Here are some pro-tips on dealing with peer pressure:

1. Be confident in yourself and what you are doing.
  2. Make sure all your friends are bigger losers than you: potheads, junkies, freaks, circus people, and Libertarians are all good choices for friends. 
  3. Remember that people who aren't your friends, or who don't worship you as a god, do not matter.
  4. Cut loose all family connections. You should always remember that these people do not love you.
  5. Say no to drugs.
  6. Become an eccentric billionaire or artist.

I have never felt ashamed of playing Nintendo games, and I never will either. I don't let others try to persuade me into playing games I don't care for in order to feel more "cool" about myself. I love Nintendo's games for what they are, and I hope that they stay that way. It is my money and time after all, so if I enjoy playing Nintendo's games I'm going to do so regardless of what others may say.

Around the Network

Being ashamed of playing Nintendo games is like being ashamed of being a guy and be able to stand up taking a piss.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

for all that feel ashamed of playing Nintendo games

If this guy is not ashamed of marrying a videogame girl, why should you be ashamed of playing Nintendo games?

You're never too old to have fun.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

No. But I feel bad when I kill countless people on an airport, rip off heads with my hands and I will feel bad slashing people into pieces in slow motion while 1 hit would be enough...

Pineapple said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Pineapple said:

I am. I have absolutely no idea why, but I'm ashamed of playing Nintendo games.

I went to the store  to buy Super Mario Galaxy 2 yesterday. To my own horror, I realised that I felt like I shouldn't be buying the game. As if I was playing something that's really meant for children, not people my age.

This kind of lead to me realising that feeling guilty about buying Nintendo games is a recurring event for me. I've somehow ended up subconciously believing that Nintendo games are "kiddy", or however you prefer to word it.

I talked to some other people about it, and it turns out that there are quite a few people who feel that Nintendo games just aren't for them. They love the games, but sort of feel that as males 18-30, they shouldn't.

Have you ever fallen into that "trap", being ashamed/unwilling to tell others that you play Nintendo games?

I'm ashamed you let yourself get caught up in the "I have to prove my masculinity by never doing anything that doesn't look macho" hysteria.

All you're proven is how immature you and all those other people actually are.

Yes... That's kind of my point. How on earth are so many of you reading this as me claiming that you should be ashamed of playing Nintendo games? I'm saying that we incorrectly do.

It's not an attack at Nintendo in any way. I truly can't see how you read it to be that.

I think I responded too harsly, but the fact is that the kiddy notion is just you and a bunch of other people falling for marketing from Nintendo's rivals. Even if you note your shame is wrong, the fact that you feel it at all shows you fell for it.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs