By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Are you ashamed of playing Nintendo games?

i dont see how anyone can be ashamed nintendo games rule.

Around the Network

No I am not and if you are then you have some confidence problems to deal with. Why would you be ashamed to play certain games? It really makes no sense to me, sorry. No one is going to look down on you for liking Nintendo and make fun of you for it. Sure, I could see maybe kids making fun of you for playing Pokemon back in high school or something, but if kids did that why not just ignore them? If your friends make fun of you for that sort of thing then they are not really your friends. Pokemon could be replaced with any game really, I just used that for an example.

And no one should be ashamed of buying a Mario game, that's for sure. -_-

If I was that afraid of what people think of me then I would've quit gaming long ago. Nintendo, and gaming, is to important for me to care about what kids who have yet to grow up or insecure adults thinks.

I am 43 and I am confident enough to play whatever I want without justifying myself to anyone. That said, Nintendo games are not for kids but for all ages. If anything, I think most the so called "mature" titles aim to very immature audience and they are the ones I associate with guilty pleasure (sometimes I am ashamed of enjoying GTA). I think Mario is all right for my age, whereas Gear of Wars looks very childish with chainsaws attached to rifles and so on.

the_bloodwalker said:

for all that feel ashamed of playing Nintendo games

If this guy is not ashamed of marrying a videogame girl, why should you be ashamed of playing Nintendo games?

i was thinking of doing the same thing as this guy.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Around the Network

Not in the least.  You can never go wrong with Mario, everybody loves Mario =)

I can see why 14-21 year old males might feel guilty about it.

Grown men wont feel guilty about it.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Lynx said:

I agree with you Albion.  Since we have knowledge of how they are trying to sway our opinions we cna engage in a healthy amount of reactance (basically, the motivation to do exactly the opposit of what they want).  In the end just play want you have fun with.  I realize that we all have a trmendous amount of social pressure directed at us, but you have to take responsibility for your own fun...... so go ahead and start having that fun.

Thx man! at least someone will stand up with me against this opression!! =)

Not Nintendo first party, but some of the games put on Wii I would be ashamed of playing.

I would feel more horrible playing the kinect than ever a Nintendo Wii.