By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who had a better E3 Conference- Sony or Microsoft?

Who had a better E3 Conference- Sony or Microsoft?

Sony 116 75.82%

Microsoft 30 19.61%

They were equal 7 4.58%

Total:153

We had a poll with all three options, and Nintendo was the clear winner, with good reason (in my opinion). But there seemed to be people saying both Nintendo > Sony > MS and Nintendo > MS > Sony. So it would be interesting to see what the community as a whole thinks.

I would personally give it to Sony over Microsoft. I felt Microsoft's Kinect games were too similar to games for the Wii, while the Move games that Sony showed seemed more unique. And there were no comedy bits in the Microsoft conference, while the Sony conference had Kevin Butler, that PSP ad campaign, and even a severely humbled Gabe Newell. The 360 Slim's launch date of that week was a definite high point for Microsoft, but the lack of a price point for Kinect was disappointing: Sony revealed both a concrete launch date and pricing scheme for PS Move.

Both conferences had highlights and lowlights, but all taken into account, I would say Sony won over Microsoft by quite a significant margin.

What are your thoughts?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

Microsofts obviously.

Content-wise they were about equal, but from an entertainment point of view Sony's was the worst conference ever. It was just bla bla bla... show trailer... bla bla bla... ZZZZzzzzz....

MS relaunch with console features that sony used to have

Play Me

Sony wins... but not by much. They only tempetd me with Sorcery and LBP2.

Microsoft on the other hand had a baby tiger...hmmm... no, still sony.

sony

Around the Network

I kind of want to give the edge to Sony, but they were just so damned boring. The more gifs I see from the MS conference, the more I realize just what a great show they actually put on.

So, Sony < Microsoft <<<<< Konami.

Content wise Sony won hands down but their delivery, pacing and organization throughout that conference was bad, there were way too much montages, its bad when montages are announcing games for you and then you don't even mention them during the conference.While Kevin Butlers bit was good they totally missed the point of what we wanted Kevin to be doing at the conference. And a conference is not the place to be announcing an advertisement campaign and for psp of all things. It felt like they were all over the place with their announcements and presentation. Other than that the content was good they showed a wide variety of games had a few secrets, some of the move stuff looked good and the pricing is reasonable besides maybe the sub controller and its nice to see move support in "core" games. 

As for Microsoft they were organized, okay pacing, but their content was lacking and i was always a bit suspicious of their kinect presentations and whether they were live, it also hurts them greatly that most of the new content they had to show was leaked the day before. I liked the "core" stuff they had to show, nothing of kinect interested me but nothing was absolutely bad either, not showing a price and bundles leaves me indifferent towards natal and its games. 

in the end it comes down to Sony's conference being some what boring and awkward  versus Microsoft's being well presented but lacking in content most people would be interested in.  so in the end i vote Sony 

kowenicki said:

MS had a job to do... they did it.  Sony seemed to lack a bit of direction.

but is there really any point in a poll on here where it is Sony v MS?

Hey, Nintendo won by a huge margin despite (as I'm told) Sony fans being in an enormous majority on this site.

The poll's only there because it fits the discussion.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Sony won... LBP2, Sorcery and Twisted Metal.
PS: Kevin Butler EPIC!

LET'S GO KNICKS

Overall i thought they were both poor.

Neither showed really anything new that is for the hardcore gamer. MS showed more gameplay footage of their games while Sony showed more shiney trailers.

If i break it down and think about it personally i felt the gameplay showing of Reach/Gears/Black ops was better then the gameplay showing of Sorcerer/Twisted Metal/MOH.

Sony talked more and showed more iritating things like the ads, the Kevin Butler bit which made zero sense. I still don't get that! He comes on and slags off MS, say's it's time to show the games, gives a speech, then forgets to show the games...Which meant the point was what again? The othewr thing that annoyed me was they showed montages of games they had just shown about 5 times!

MS were the same, they just showed a lot of pointless things, like the whole ESPN thing....

So i put it as a tie, they were both poor.