By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Could anyone really kill Nintendo?

Cheebee said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Weegee said:

As long Iwata his alive , I think nintendo is safe.

really?

IWATA doesn't make nintendo succesfull though

Yes. And yes, he has, does, and will.

he does a good job

but it doesn't gurantee anything

Around the Network

^ You might not know this Solid_snake4rd, but he was a game designer and programmer for twenty years. You can't say that about Sony or Microsoft, so yes, his presence guarantees quite alot infact.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

megaman79 said:

^ You might not know this Solid_snake4rd, but he was a game designer and programmer for twenty years. You can't say that about Sony or Microsoft, so yes, his presence guarantees quite alot infact.

yes but still not success as you see just knowing gaming doesn't only win the war itself

dreamcast was a good console but PS2 killed it because of the brand

andremop said:

Nope. Nintendo doesn't even need to be number 1 as proven before to have a more healthy business than the others. In fact, they could be third and still profit more than the others.

no they can't

they profited in PS1 and PS2 years basically because of gameboy sales

if their both business were last then they could not profit more

also PLAYSTATION made alot more money than NINTENDO in PS1 and PS2 years,as they did alot of R&D it wasn't visible

also alot of profiits caused by the Playstation division made profit for other divisions for SONY

theARTIST0017 said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Weegee said:

really?

Only partially true. After Satoru Iwata took over as President of Nintendo of Japan, Nintendo started to see success with Revolutionary devices such as the Nintendo DS and Wii consoles etc. He's part of the reason. Either way, I've always believed Nintendo to be successful so, . . .

yes they did revolutionalize but thatalone is not the key to selling consoles

as PS3's expensive price also did give the Wii a big push

brand power also matters

Around the Network
megaman79 said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Weegee said:

really?

Yea, once he became President (or wuteva his title is) they decided to change their approach, and approved the "test" with the DS. He is pretty much legendary for supporting this massive turn around in product design marketing and profitability.

yes he did bring revolutionary devices but many other things like PS3's high price also helped alot

Solid_Snake4RD said:
megaman79 said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Weegee said:

really?

Yea, once he became President (or wuteva his title is) they decided to change their approach, and approved the "test" with the DS. He is pretty much legendary for supporting this massive turn around in product design marketing and profitability.

yes he did bring revolutionary devices but many other things like PS3's high price also helped alot

Sony made many mis-steps this generation. Price. B/C. Rumble. Differing SKUs/models. The list goes on.

But Sony made one mistake in the late 1980s/early 1990s, when it tried to use contracts to gain profits from Nintendo as part of a partnership. It is (finally) paying for that. http://www.n-sider.com/contentview.php?contentid=231

Mike from Morgantown

Nintendo seeing Apple as its enemy in the future:

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/hardware/nintendo-apple-is-enemy-of-the-future/8248

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Did you really need to do 4 posts in a row Solid_Snake

Who else is going to come and take the gaming scene by storm? MS is one of the biggest companies and couldn't kill off Nintendo, Sony is huge also and couldn't. What other huge electronic media companies can enter the gaming business, the only big one I see is Apple, they are also the only ones I think have the creative minds to possibly kill off Nintendo.

The only way Nintendo can die off is a huge buycott type of situation where no one wants to buy Nintendo products. In normal circumstances Nintendo can be last and still make a profit.

Also saying the President of a company does not help bring success is weird. Of course there are other factors, they is just not one sole factor for success but a President can help or greatly hinder a company.

Obama could...

Well in the short term no, but things could change in 5 or so years

Munkeh111 said:

Obama could...

Well in the short term no, but things could change in 5 or so years

did you just chnage ur pic