By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Could anyone really kill Nintendo?

Could someone take down the Roman Empire?

Around the Network

Yes. Nintendo could.

Yes. Any company can be killed. 

Spain thought Switzerland was no competition to them - nobody can predict the future, even if some people think they can approximate it with colorful graphs and power point presentations

Solid_Snake4RD said:

Nintendo will not take such a risk and will do what makes money

Regardless of the cost of the consoles, what the hell do you think the DS and Wii were, safe bets?

They were not sure of their success, and they most likely would have struggled without a console on the market next gen.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network

In 2012, the world will explode.  All that will be left is 7 cockroaches, a moon pie, and Nintendo.  They'll be announcing the release of Super Mario Water Polo.

megaman79 said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:

Nintendo will not take such a risk and will do what makes money

Regardless of the cost of the consoles, what the hell do you think the DS and Wii were, safe bets?

They were not sure of their success, and they most likely would have struggled without a console on the market next gen.

but they didn't cost much and Nintendo's wasn't succesfull in the console maket so anything was a risk but cheap risk

DS was also cheap and they were dominant in handheld market

SONY risk was expensive which a company like Nintendo can't sustain

their is risk in everything just that i meant that Nintendo will not take as big and expensive mistake like SONY's]

and especially when they are at the top like sony were with PS2.

d21lewis said:

In 2012, the world will explode.  All that will be left is 7 cockroaches, a moon pie, and Nintendo.  They'll be announcing the release of Super Mario Water Polo.

and SQQUILLIAM will be the commander

his future photo as his avatar

Any company, as good as they are, is prone to errors in judgment and business management. 

At this point of time though, only Nintendo is capable of ruining Nintendo. Maybe in the future some company will appear that will do better than Nintendo, but as far as it goes, Nintendo is the best in this field.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

As a company, Nintendo has always had a very good and viable business plan.  Thats the key. 

All companies, no matter how big, are always at risk of failing because that is how our economies and financial systems works.  Governmental and socio-political and economical interference notwithstanding (also, unfair trade and business practices), the only thing keeping a company from bankrupting is the said company themselves.

Case in point, most of our economies are reliant on small businesses.  Many small businesses survive even with large businesses that are direct competitors.  Of course theres many other contributing factors(laws, anti-trust, etc.) but you have to have business savvy.  I think the big 3 have that, for the foreseeable future.

I game.  You game.  We game.

I'm a videogamer, not a fanboy, but have a special place for Nintendo.

Current Systems Owned: NSwitch/PS4/XONE/WiiU/3DS/2DS/PCGaming Rig-i7/ASUS i7 Gaming Laptop.

Previous Game Consoles:  PS3/Xbox360/Wii/DSL/Pretty much every one thats been released since the Atari 2600.