By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Could anyone really kill Nintendo?

MaxwellGT2000 said:

The answer is not likely, the company has been in business for over 100 years already, they make smart choices and stick to a certain philosophy to stay in business, however nothing is indestructible all it takes is Nintendo to not act like itself, meaning taking a huge hit on hardware that fails and some other competitor to come in and finish the job.

The story has shown that the most important enemy you have to face, is yourself.

Nintendo already did that mistake, i hope they will never forget it !

You may find a mirror trying to find the other side of the world

Around the Network

Halo-plus-Gran Turismo=TEH NINTENDO KILLER!!!

Around the Network

Nintendo has become self-sufficient, much like it was in the 80s and early 90s.  True, it has a lot more competition now, but it also has proven it can utilize that compeition to improvize and create new markets.  As well as generating the majority of their profits through their own means.

I don't think the question should be so much about 'who will kill Nintendo'.  It should be more of a question of 'who can beat Nintendo at their own game'.  Hence why Nintendo now considers Apple their competition, because they are using a similar model of self-sufficient business.  No matter how you feel about Sony (or Microsoft), they have always relied heavily on third party royalties and making back profit after a heavy investment.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

arcane_chaos said:

you gotta be kidding, right?

morenoingrato said:
arcane_chaos said:

you gotta be kidding, right?

GTA IV is the biggest nintendo killer!

at this rate it doesn't seem likely that Nintendo can die as they were able to rise to prominence again which was something no other company has done in the history of videogames thus far. Sure, they got lucky that Sony messed up, then again the only reason Sony was able to rise to the top because Nintendo and SEGA screwed up at the same time.

NoirSon said:

Of course someone could kill Nintendo.

Hell, without Nintendo expanding the portable market into its current size and the Wii's success I was banking on Panasonic buying the company. Heck, I still think that somewhere down the road another electronics giant from Japan will eventually merge/swallow the company.

I doubt it will be Sony, because of ego reasons. But yeah, its possible and only time will tell if it ever comes true.

Nintendo's market cap is actually higher than Sony's.  They are sooner to be bought out than Nintendo for that reason.

Matsushita (Panasonic) doesn't have the money to buy Nintendo.  Nor does Sony, for that matter.

The rEVOLution is not being televised