By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Could anyone really kill Nintendo?

badgenome said:

Yes. Nintendo could.

This is it in a nutshell.

By their nature Nintendo are their own greatest threat.

Around the Network

As long Iwata his alive , I think nintendo is safe.

Sequel I want the most :

Patapon 3 , Elite beat Agent 2 , ROTK 12 , Mother 4, Legend of legaia      3, Resident Evil outbreak 3.

Favorite Youtube poop        McDonnald                 Morshu              

Weegee said:

really?

IWATA doesn't make nintendo succesfull though

Solid_Snake4RD said:
Weegee said:

really?

Yea, once he became President (or wuteva his title is) they decided to change their approach, and approved the "test" with the DS. He is pretty much legendary for supporting this massive turn around in product design marketing and profitability.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Solid_Snake4RD said:
Weegee said:

really?

Only partially true. After Satoru Iwata took over as President of Nintendo of Japan, Nintendo started to see success with Revolutionary devices such as the Nintendo DS and Wii consoles etc. He's part of the reason. Either way, I've always believed Nintendo to be successful so, . . .

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

Around the Network

Nope. Nintendo doesn't even need to be number 1 as proven before to have a more healthy business than the others. In fact, they could be third and still profit more than the others.

d21lewis said:

In 2012, the world will explode.  All that will be left is 7 cockroaches, a moon pie, and Nintendo.  They'll be announcing the release of Super Mario Water Polo.

*Imagines Mario in a speedo*

Maybe I'll be glad I died before then.

Solid_Snake4RD said:
Weegee said:

really?

Yes. And yes, he has, does, and will.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

If the disasterous Virtual Boy sales or the mediocre N64 sales or the poor Gamecube sales couldn't even make Nintendo go into "red" numbers for even a year I don't know what will.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Naum said:

If the disasterous Virtual Boy sales or the mediocre N64 sales or the poor Gamecube sales couldn't even make Nintendo go into "red" numbers for even a year I don't know what will.

they had GAMEBOY sales to support them