By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 3DS price point guessmate.. how much do you think the 3DS will launch for?

Well as we all know nintendo announced the "3D" 3DS (lawlz 3d twice) and not only did the handheld showcase graphics that rival the Wii, but the game has some of the most advanced 3D technology that has not even been released for LED/LCD/PLASMA 3D TVs. Not only that put it has TWO ADVANCED 3D CAMERAS FOR 3D PICTURES (not even the most expensive HD cams today have that).

So with  all that said.. Nintendo launched the DSi XL a couple of months ago for $189.99, with that in mind.. the fact 3DS is 3D, higher specced, presumebly using more advanced tech, how much do you think it will cost?

mM
Around the Network

How much is the cheapest iPod? It will be lower OR within range of that. Probably $189 with cuts coming for the DSi models. *shrugs*

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

$/€199.99

About $200 I guess.

Love and tolerate.

$199, but possibly anywhere between 150-250. 

Around the Network

$200, $220 tops.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

I expect the system to be $199 (US) at launch, but I wouldn’t be too surprised if it was in the $179 to $219 range. I could see Nintendo selling it for as much as $249, but at that price I would expect Nintendo to be bundling it with a game.

would expect cheap from Nintendo

but if 3D is good then it could run upto $250-300

they said prepare to take more out for a richer experience though

they could release it at high price and still be succesfull as people with the 3DS name think it is just an upgrade

Im expecting it to cost ~ 200$... maybe a bit lower, but I doubt it will cost more. nintendo can afford a 200$ pricetag at launch IMO, the brandname alone could push it. ANything above, and Nintendo might loose some market to the Iphone...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

I expect it to be in the $220-$250 range.  It's going to be their most expensive handheld yet.