By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Did Nintendo just Dreamcast the PSP2?

Ajescent said:

assuming it does exist, I always believe it's never a good idea to write off something even before it's been released.

Maybe so, but if Sony are so clueless as to think that expensive ass 3D (with dork glasses) and a Wiimote are going to significantly expand the PS3 user base, we can make a special exception in this case.

Around the Network

Well, it's a fact it's already dead but not dreamcasted, not sure how many years did the DC lived but the PSP managed to sell over 60 millions of units while the DC died so quickly.

@Ajescent

You're not alone, it doesn't exist but if Sony announces a new PSP, i bet it won't survive this time...I think, but it's a possibility, that the only thing will save the PSP is both a trophy system and a price cut. Oh, and I know about the pirates but Sony already has the PSP GO...

Sorry for bad English.

I'm not expecting move/3d to sell trillions of ps3s but I doubt it'll bomb either assuming Sony don't get bored exactly the same they did with eyetoy and ps eye.

Going back to psp2, I guess this goes back to me being one of the few who is convinced that even though the DS destroyed the psp in sales, standing alone, the psp didn't actually do that badly and if a psp2 was to surface, that wouldn't do that badly either. Sure compared to 3ds it would undoubtably fail, but not enough for it to be ditched even before it's out of the starting gates.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

I really wouldn't be so sure that 3DS has the next handheld console generation locked up just yet.

This year Microsoft and Sony tried to make some inroads into the casual market, so I think they will try to do the same thing in handheld gaming next year.

I think Sony, and very possibly Microsoft too, will announce more powerful handhelds than 3DS with their heaviest hitters on them at next year's E3.

Of course PSP2 wasn't unveiled, they haven't had enough time to implement their own 3D and touch screens yet

Around the Network
badgenome said:
Ajescent said:

assuming it does exist, I always believe it's never a good idea to write off something even before it's been released.

Maybe so, but if Sony are so clueless as to think that expensive ass 3D (with dork glasses) and a Wiimote are going to significantly expand the PS3 user base, we can make a special exception in this case.

How right you are

It's amazing lineup of new games.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Ajescent said:

I'm not expecting move/3d to sell trillions of ps3s but I doubt it'll bomb either assuming Sony don't get bored exactly the same they did with eyetoy and ps eye.

Going back to psp2, I guess this goes back to me being one of the few who is convinced that even though the DS destroyed the psp in sales, standing alone, the psp didn't actually do that badly and if a psp2 was to surface, that wouldn't do that badly either. Sure compared to 3ds it would undoubtably fail, but not enough for it to be ditched even before it's out of the starting gates.

A sensible view. However, it'll be hard to stay as close to the 3DS as the PSP did this gen, without 3D, imo. The 3DS won't be looked down upon like a casual system for most of the core gamers, and developers. This is the "coolest" system Nintendo has ever released. This thing is poised to explode...it's going to sell a metric shit-ton, and it's probably going to bring gaming to a new level of mainstream, if I were to be so bold.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I think a MS handheld is only a matter of time to be honest and if that comes, the maybe the "psp2" would be in for some serious hurt (combining MS handheld with the 3ds) but until then, in a 2 horse race, the psp2 would be hard(er) to kill.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

badgenome said:
Ajescent said:

Have you checked out the http://www.msn.com page lately?  It seems that Microsoft certainly thinks Sony did the right things at E3 this year because Sony's Sony Move and introduction to 3d gaming are the only E3 related products among their front page news items.