By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Did Nintendo just Dreamcast the PSP2?

As in, the PSP 2 is DOA? The 3DS killed it, killed E3. Man that launch lineup is beautiful, the 3D impressions seem to be positive, need to know more about power, price and release date, but everything is looking great. 

Nintendo already killed the PSP2 on the casual market by default since they already had it and with the launch line up of the 3DS will continue to have it:

- Nintendogs cats

- Mario Kart

- Sonic

- Animal Crossing

- Professor Layton

PLUS they are taking the PSP market too:

- MGS Snake Eater 3D (PS2 game port, looks better than the original game)

- Final Fantasy, Kingdom Heart, Dragon Quest games

- Ninja Gaiden, Dead or Alive

- Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, Assassin's Creed

- SMT, SMT: Persona, SMT: DS

- Resident Evil, Street Fighter, Monster Hunter?

- Fifa, Madden

- Contra, PES, Pro Yakuu Spirts Baseball

Sony is focusing on PS3 and the PSP while not dropping the price or anything. As Sony focus on a dying product they miss the opportunity to put up a fight against the 3DS and will be dreamcasted. The 3DS possibilities are limitless. They are already getting PS2 ports, it's only a matter of time until they get PS1, PSP, XBox, XB360, PS3, N64, GC, Dreamcast ports.

I dare say DQ might be DQX and/or XI, FF might be FFXV and KH might be KH3(D). 3DS will dreamcast PSP2 and will also make life very difficult for the next Wii as Japan will move away even further from consoles. The 3DS might sell well over 300 million units. The ONLY possible  stoppers to it reaching that number are Apple and the iphone and Android smartphones.

Around the Network

LOL but didnt Sony patent some product that is video game related?

I don't think the PSP2 had a chance even before this.

I played Pilotwings today, pretty sweet

Am I the only one who thinks the psp2 doesn't exist?

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network
Ajescent said:

If so. After today, it might have died.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Ajescent said:

Do you mean it'll never come out or is unannounced pick your choice

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

assuming it does exist, I always believe it's never a good idea to write off something even before it's been released.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

....normally I would call this thread biased, but OOT is coming to 3DS in 3D with what looks like visual upgrades, so yep. Dreamcasted.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

killeryoshis said:
Ajescent said:

Do you mean it'll never come out or is unannounced pick your choice

Unannounced or not ready to be announced in the same way the 3DS is/was. Sure it might be in the planning stage or whatever but people demanding it now or writing it off completely in some cases as is clear in this thread seems illogical to me.