By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ocarina of Time is on the 3DS!

When I read this I came in my came.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:

Perhaps some Saturn and PS1 remakes as well.

Actually, I would love to see classic Crash Bandicoot on the 3DS. I think that the camera style of Crash would be benefitted greatly by 3D.

jarrod said:

It has significantly upgraded assets, just like Star Fox 64 3D it looks like.  Kinda like Mario 64 DS, but a bigger improvement.

I wonder if we'll get an entire line of these "N64 3D" remakes?  I wouldn't say no...

That might explain why so few N64 games are on the Virtual Console...

LordTheNightKnight said:

Panzer Dragoon 3D or bust!  Dreamworks, THIS is how you train your dragon!

Holy s***, that would actually be fantastic on every level...

Smeags said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

Actually, I would love to see classic Crash Bandicoot on the 3DS. I think that the camera style of Crash would be benefitted greatly by 3D.

I said the same thing; neither Crash nor Spyro is Sony exclusive anymore, and Crash is prime for a reboot. The 3DS can be the perfect avenue for another one.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

The best game ever just got better?

Metacritic 103,94% confirmed!

Around the Network
KylieDog said:

I don't get it, new hardware is released and the first thing people asking for is ports of old games?

this is the most aclaimed game ever getting a complete remake and with 3D graphics... it's not only an "old game" port...

Anyway, can't wait to see the ocarina floating before my eyes!

On one of the videos on Nintendo E3 site, the E3 Day 1 - Round-Up one, it mentions that on day 2 we would see video footage of a big announcement for the 3DS by Miyamoto and Aonuma, Ocarina of Time comes to mind.

I thought I was dreaming but no this is REAL! It doesn't look just like a port, the graphics look different. Higher polygons, brighter colours and textures are different from the original. I don't care I got the game twice, this is worth getting! Just think of it, better graphics, 3D effects... This will probably be the ultimate version!

Yeah, it's clearly a direct port...

N64...

3DS...

Look at the moon, the sky... and where did that bush come from?

VGChartz

KylieDog said:

I don't get it, new hardware is released and the first thing people asking for is ports of old games?

It's a remake. The graphics look different, and Miyamoto even discussed things like fixing gameplay problems (like using the touch screen to fix the infamous boot changing problem).

And it's not that we asked for them out of the blue. Nintendo is already making this and the remake of Star Fox 64.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs