By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - XBOB Slim: Do not move console when disc is in motion

I'm not sure how anyone can really defend Microsoft on this one. This thread has already had real world scenraios where a console can get knocked or moved. On top of that there're plenty of real world scenarios where it's more convenient to move a console whilst it's on. If you've taken a console to a friends and need to move the console whilst in the middle of a game, you're not going to want to stop that game just to move the console.

MS already fixed the problem in previous models so why on Earth is it back on a re-design? A re-design is supposed to be superior! And the R&D to fix this problem has been done and the estimated cost is $0.03 per console. So wtf happened to this model?

Around the Network

I like to move my DVD player while the disc spins, its the only way i can enjoy watching a movie.. 

Honestly I NEVER HAD ANY SCRATCHING ISSUES with my old Xbox after moving it while the disc was spinning,   I got the RROD but at least it doesn't scratch my disc. 

I love my Super Air Cooled Xbox 360, it works like a charm all the time.

My Trigger Happy Sixaxis controller

Scoobes said:

I'm not sure how anyone can really defend Microsoft on this one. This thread has already had real world scenraios where a console can get knocked or moved. On top of that there're plenty of real world scenarios where it's more convenient to move a console whilst it's on. If you've taken a console to a friends and need to move the console whilst in the middle of a game, you're not going to want to stop that game just to move the console.

MS already fixed the problem in previous models so why on Earth is it back on a re-design? A re-design is supposed to be superior! And the R&D to fix this problem has been done and the estimated cost is $0.03 per console. So wtf happened to this model?

Not disagreeing with you, just to say that if in fact you need to move the console without switching off the game, it would probably be a good idea to at least pause the game, which may decrease the activity on the DVD drive.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Most people will probably install their games to hard drive anyways but there really is no excuse for this although it seems like some people were looking for anything to bash the redesign with.

I think people are defending microsoft because its seems ps3 owners are the only ones with reasons to move their consoles all the time while playing. I reiteriate that i think this is a joke of a thread, maybe it should of been posted in the ps3 section, as they are the only ones who seem to care. Even if someone tripped on a cable i do not see that knocking over the console as they unplug so easy, or are break away cables.

Around the Network
Legend11 said:

Most people will probably install their games to hard drive anyways but there really is no excuse for this although it seems like some people were looking for anything to bash the redesign with.

Now that $100 wifi is out of the window, pretty much!

thranx said:

I think people are defending microsoft because its seems ps3 owners are the only ones with reasons to move their consoles all the time while playing. I reiteriate that i think this is a joke of a thread, maybe it should of been posted in the ps3 section, as they are the only ones who seem to care. Even if someone tripped on a cable i do not see that knocking over the console as they unplug so easy, or are break away cables.

ms fans don't care about a lot of stuff. It's too bad Sony doesn't have them as owners because that would have been another few million to buy ps3 at launch.

Regardless of console, who the hell would move their system like that?  Is there a reason to move it around in that particular motion? No....

Everyone needs to play Lost Odyssey! Any opposition to this and I will have to just say, "If it's a fight you want, you got it!"

its common knowlege or it should be that u dont move any console while a disk is moving inside the system. stupid ppl were doing that at the 360's launch and couldnt understand why their games had scratches on them, i was like are u a f***ing dumba$$ or what.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Nightwish224 said:

Regardless of console, who the hell would move their system like that?  Is there a reason to move it around in that particular motion? No....

yeah, there are many ways,

an easy example, kids knocking it over by accident while playing kinect

don't be blind