By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - XBOB Slim: Do not move console when disc is in motion

SmokedHostage said:

What's an Xbob?

I think XBOB Slim did Weapon of Choice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZLidy7pIQ8

(Embedding not allowed)

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:
supercat said:

so, the 360 has another way to destroy itself.  LOL

LOL this has always been a problem for the 360....but ask yourself this.  Who the hell is gonna move a game console right in the middle of playing a game...especially since that game console will most likely be in your entertainment section.

Come on its just plain common sense....

i do, sometimes i am not digging it horizontal, so while i play  i put it vertical. then i can put the keyboard next to it and not over it

SmokedHostage said:

What's an Xbob?

It can't be a typo, the "B" isn't anywhere near the "X" on the keyboard.

In my 4 years owning a 360, I have never once moved it whilst it was on, or even thought to move it ...

The excuses certain people in this thread are coming up with are making me chuckle ^^

The guy barely moved the 360 for starters and it mashed the game up and sounded like blender.  I've moved all my systems while i've had games in them, i've moved my PS3 from horizontal to vertical countless times.  infact i have seen a PS2 and other sysetms basically fly off the shelf with a game in them and still work.  Its called having a large dog run by and trip one of the cords.

I could easily see the 360 move that much due to cats/dogs, children or somebody moving something or dusting and not knowing to not come within 3 feet of the system when its on.

Around the Network
disolitude said:

This thread has been posted 3 times now.

I have yet to see someone that actually plays xbox post this thread... Mostly Ps3 owners pointing pretending as they are concerned for Xbox 360 owners.

Kinda sad...

nah man. Dgc isn't like that.

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

yo_john117 said:
thismeintiel said:

What is up with so many people defending the 360's build quality?  It RROD's.  "Oh well, they replace it for free."  "You shouldn't play it so long."  It scratches discs.  "Oh it's cause the people who use it are dumb."  "There's a sticker now telling you not to move it."  Then they give these exaggerated circumstances of how it would be moved.  Guys, the guy barely moved it before it started scratching the disc.  You can do that pluging something into the 360 itself.  Or what if someone accidently bumps into or knocks it over?  And let's not forget about Kinect, where you're going to be moving all around and jumping.  BBC Watchdog even proved last year that a 360 could scratch discs without even being touched while playing.  The point is they should be fixing these problems, not covering them up.

What's sad is that MS missed a big opportunity to improve the quality of the 360 all around.  Instead, it seems they merely slapped a new cover and threw in Wi-Fi.  What's even sadder is that people are actually defending a shoddy disk drive.

@ adobo

Are you actually implying that PS3 owners are jealous of a the new 360 cause it has a new feature (Wi-Fi) and a Piano Black finish?  Do you remember what a PS3 Phat is right?  And I hope you're not talking about the 250 GB HDD, cause I got a 500 GB in mine.  Can you clarify how these PS3 guys should be jealous?

You call that barely moving it???  he almost lifted it 90 degrees while moving it from side to side a bit.  When you plug something in nothing is gonna happen...and most people have their 360s inside of an entertainment so yeah.

People are WAY WAY over playing this.

What vid did you watch?  He didn't move it side to side at all.  He lifted the one side straight up, most likely wanting to see it work at a 90 degree angle.  And he only got it to 45 degrees before he stopped.  The noise started right before that.

And if anything, people are underplaying it.  The point of a remodel is to fix flaws in your original design.  Not slap a sticker on the console and consider yourself covered.  As a consumer you really should be demanding more from your hardware.

Let's wait for the thousands of people to complain about this actually happening and start a new thread.

Lots of damage control here.

That shit was scary. I've moved every single one of my systems with a game inside at one point or another. Freeing a cord from under it, plugging controllers in, checking the av cable. He didn't even shake the system but it made such a jarring sound..

I heard there was a scratching issue. But I didn't realize you have to move the console for it to happen.

I assume this applies to any cd tray drive like the PS2 fat.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:

I heard there was a scratching issue. But I didn't realize you have to move the console for it to happen.

I assume this applies to any cd tray drive like the PS2 fat.

It would ruin the disc, but it couldn't read, yes.