By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - XBOB Slim: Do not move console when disc is in motion

theprof00 said:

That shit was scary. I've moved every single one of my systems with a game inside at one point or another. Freeing a cord from under it, plugging controllers in, checking the av cable. He didn't even shake the system but it made such a jarring sound..

If you have to move the 360 to plug or unplug a controller then you have a problem.

The 360 won't turn on if the av cables aren't plugged in. It would show you this:

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
yo_john117 said:
thismeintiel said:

What is up with so many people defending the 360's build quality?  It RROD's.  "Oh well, they replace it for free."  "You shouldn't play it so long."  It scratches discs.  "Oh it's cause the people who use it are dumb."  "There's a sticker now telling you not to move it."  Then they give these exaggerated circumstances of how it would be moved.  Guys, the guy barely moved it before it started scratching the disc.  You can do that pluging something into the 360 itself.  Or what if someone accidently bumps into or knocks it over?  And let's not forget about Kinect, where you're going to be moving all around and jumping.  BBC Watchdog even proved last year that a 360 could scratch discs without even being touched while playing.  The point is they should be fixing these problems, not covering them up.

What's sad is that MS missed a big opportunity to improve the quality of the 360 all around.  Instead, it seems they merely slapped a new cover and threw in Wi-Fi.  What's even sadder is that people are actually defending a shoddy disk drive.

@ adobo

Are you actually implying that PS3 owners are jealous of a the new 360 cause it has a new feature (Wi-Fi) and a Piano Black finish?  Do you remember what a PS3 Phat is right?  And I hope you're not talking about the 250 GB HDD, cause I got a 500 GB in mine.  Can you clarify how these PS3 guys should be jealous?

You call that barely moving it???  he almost lifted it 90 degrees while moving it from side to side a bit.  When you plug something in nothing is gonna happen...and most people have their 360s inside of an entertainment so yeah.

People are WAY WAY over playing this.

What vid did you watch?  He didn't move it side to side at all.  He lifted the one side straight up, most likely wanting to see it work at a 90 degree angle.  And he only got it to 45 degrees before he stopped.  The noise started right before that.

And if anything, people are underplaying it.  The point of a remodel is to fix flaws in your original design.  Not slap a sticker on the console and consider yourself covered.  As a consumer you really should be demanding more from your hardware.

Granted being able to move my console while its on would be great. I mean moving the console while playing a game is half the fun. But clearly the masses aren't that bothered by it.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

dsister said:
theprof00 said:

That shit was scary. I've moved every single one of my systems with a game inside at one point or another. Freeing a cord from under it, plugging controllers in, checking the av cable. He didn't even shake the system but it made such a jarring sound..

If you have to move the 360 to plug or unplug a controller then you have a problem.

The 360 won't turn on if the av cables aren't plugged in. It would show you this:

Companion cubes FTW!!!

dsister said:
theprof00 said:

It's not that we HAVE to, it's that we've never been denied the ability to do it. Not everyone does everything the same as everyone else does.

that's a nice console you have there.

Griffin said:

The guy barely moved the 360 for starters and it mashed the game up and sounded like blender.  I've moved all my systems while i've had games in them, i've moved my PS3 from horizontal to vertical countless times.  infact i have seen a PS2 and other sysetms basically fly off the shelf with a game in them and still work.  Its called having a large dog run by and trip one of the cords.

I could easily see the 360 move that much due to cats/dogs, children or somebody moving something or dusting and not knowing to not come within 3 feet of the system when its on.

You're post is full of so much fail is hilarious. Let me count thy ways:

1. He did not barely move it. He basically moved it 90 degrees then shook the damn thing. Barely moving it would be sliding it across the surface or picking up a corner a couple inches then sitting it back down.

2. PS2 was able to fly off the shelf by tripping over the cord because they did not have breakaway cables which Xbox introduced.

3. Why in the middle of the game are you looking at your console instead of the game you're playing and deciding its time to change its orientation and moving from horizontal to vertical or vice versa? Do it before or after you're done playing.

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
yo_john117 said:
thismeintiel said:

What is up with so many people defending the 360's build quality?  It RROD's.  "Oh well, they replace it for free."  "You shouldn't play it so long."  It scratches discs.  "Oh it's cause the people who use it are dumb."  "There's a sticker now telling you not to move it."  Then they give these exaggerated circumstances of how it would be moved.  Guys, the guy barely moved it before it started scratching the disc.  You can do that pluging something into the 360 itself.  Or what if someone accidently bumps into or knocks it over?  And let's not forget about Kinect, where you're going to be moving all around and jumping.  BBC Watchdog even proved last year that a 360 could scratch discs without even being touched while playing.  The point is they should be fixing these problems, not covering them up.

What's sad is that MS missed a big opportunity to improve the quality of the 360 all around.  Instead, it seems they merely slapped a new cover and threw in Wi-Fi.  What's even sadder is that people are actually defending a shoddy disk drive.

@ adobo

Are you actually implying that PS3 owners are jealous of a the new 360 cause it has a new feature (Wi-Fi) and a Piano Black finish?  Do you remember what a PS3 Phat is right?  And I hope you're not talking about the 250 GB HDD, cause I got a 500 GB in mine.  Can you clarify how these PS3 guys should be jealous?

You call that barely moving it???  he almost lifted it 90 degrees while moving it from side to side a bit.  When you plug something in nothing is gonna happen...and most people have their 360s inside of an entertainment so yeah.

People are WAY WAY over playing this.

What vid did you watch?  He didn't move it side to side at all.  He lifted the one side straight up, most likely wanting to see it work at a 90 degree angle.  And he only got it to 45 degrees before he stopped.  The noise started right before that.

And if anything, people are underplaying it.  The point of a remodel is to fix flaws in your original design.  Not slap a sticker on the console and consider yourself covered.  As a consumer you really should be demanding more from your hardware.

totally agreed with this

Sorry for bad English.

I have a perfect solution. Install the game to the harddrive. With 250 gigs you can install 30 games easily. Disc doesn't spin past start up and you're perfectly fine. Enough of the 360 and kinect bashing threads. Its getting to the point of ridiculousness.

I've moved many a system while games were inside.  My PS3 would be #1 on that list.  I've taken it to a friends house and had it on with a game going and needed to move it to a different spot a few times.  And at home I havent moved many systems too often but I'm sure I've done it at least once.

And to anyone who thinks the guy was shaking the thing.  It's pretty clear that he was just tilting it up and as soon as it started eating the game like it was chewing on a whole bag of pork rinds, he looks like he freaked out a bit, causing it to shake a bit as he put it back down.

Ive moved my 360 plenty of times while playing discs. Ive never had any scratches.  Ive even had it knocked over by my dog in the middle of a fifa match.  The game froze and i had to eject it and then put it back in but still no scratches.

Come to think of it, i also had it knocked over on hard wood floor.  It got an error message and i freaked out. But i unplugged it and checked the disc, everything was still working fine afterwards.

Man said:

Ive moved my 360 plenty of times while playing discs. Ive never had any scratches.  Ive even had it knocked over by my dog in the middle of a fifa match.  The game froze and i had to eject it and then put it back in but still no scratches.

Come to think of it, i also had it knocked over on hard wood floor.  It got an error message and i freaked out. But i unplugged it and checked the disc, everything was still working fine afterwards.

good example of real world scenario Man. That's at least 2 games that would've been destroyed.