By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda rumours (man claims they're true)

Mr Khan said:
killeryoshis said:
Maneco said:

Apparently, a German living in Kyoto translated Aonuma's speech for this E3, and he says these rumours are true (link):

• Real name: The Legend of Zelda only; Is this a reboot or somthing give me a subtitle
  • Storyline of hundred of years before OoT, telling the origins of Master Sword; Do we really need a prequal? Whatever carry on
  • The girl is called Zordiana; What's her role in the game?
  • Hookshot will not take Link directly to the spot; it'll be more like WW's grappling hook (doesn't use WM , though); Why? That was the best part of it
  • The player must "draw" symbols with the sword/Wii Remote to open doors; I hope they don't make you go through alot of rooms than...
  • The bow control is similar to WSR's game; The arrows are awsome for fast paced combat. Are they slowing it down? We'll see how it works
  • Two difficulty levels: Normal (with Super Guide) and Hero; Yay!
  • Dungeons will be "integrated" with the real world, which means you won't see the black screen when transitioning the overworld and a dungeon, allowing dungeons to have no bosses and the overworld to receive some. No bosses? I don't believe this part. Why take out the bosses they were like the final thing thing to do.

True? False? How will this end?

I think these rumors are false or this might be the worst zelda game ever o atleast the 2nd anyway

They're not saying "take out the bosses" they're saying, "bosses are no longer confined to dungeons, and dungeons are no longer required to have bosses." I would be certain that more than a few of them would, but some now would not, and in exchange we get bitchin' overworld fights.

If any of those overworld fights can equal the epicness of Ganondorf's battle in TP, then bring it on Nintendo!

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

So since it will be called The Legend of Zelda and there is no Master Sword perhaps it really will be a remake of the first game but more like a series REBOOT. I mean there was no Master Sword yet in the original Legend of Zelda either.

"What have i done.? Is it too late to save me from this place? From the depths of the grave? We all are those .. who thought we were brave."

This sounds very plausible, and very good. Love the idea of bosses being encountered in the overworld, and of more seamless movement from dungeon to overworld. It does seem like they could be rebooting the series.

Well, when translating my Japanese into English, I'd go for a German to translate for me rather than turning to my own, dedicating localization branch. 

And if I were said German, I'd make damn sure that I never found work again by leaking all the details to the internet, thereby violating my NDA.

While the validity of these statements can easily be called into question, I feel as if they are plausible. 

And to anyone complaining, respectfully, get over it.  There have been enough Zelda games that are similar to each other.  These changes do not appear to be that drastic, and even if they were it would be a refreshing change of pace.  looking forward to seeing what they show in a couple days.

Remember, magic is just stuff science has not made boring yet.

Around the Network

I doubt "hero" will be harder dificulty, but instead omits the Super Guide that normal mode has . Its odd, since most Nintendo games dont have variable difficulty modes.

Unless that "man" is shigeru miyamoto himself... not buying this info.

Most of that sounds pretty good to me.

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

The beautiful thing about this, of course, is that we only have to wait two days to see if it's true or not.

I myself will wait it out.

I don't like change (no one really does) but in order to shake things up for Zelda, I'd welcome it.

These details don't sound too farfetched either, but we only have 2 more days to wait to see if they are true.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."