By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda rumours (man claims they're true)

Apparently, a German living in Kyoto translated Aonuma's speech for this E3, and he says these rumours are true (link):

• Storyline of hundred of years before OoT, telling the origins of Master Sword;
  • The girl is called Zordiana;
  • Hookshot will not take Link directly to the spot; it'll be more like WW's grappling hook (doesn't use WM , though);
  • The player must "draw" symbols with the sword/Wii Remote to open doors;
  • The bow control is similar to WSR's game;
  • Two difficulty levels: Normal (with Super Guide) and Hero;
  • Dungeons will be "integrated" with the real world, which means you won't see the black screen when transitioning between the overworld and a dungeon, which means that bosses are no longer confined to dungeons, and dungeons are no longer required to have bosses (nice one, Mr Khan!).

True? False? How will this end?

Maneco's Hall of Lame
As of October 2010 and, hopefully, until the end of times

Notable Mentions (a.k.a. "Games I Played and Hated")

The Legend of Zelda:
Ocarina of Time

Pokémon Channel

Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity
Around the Network

Fits with a lot of what they've been saying so far. That girl name is kinda awkward, though.

A more realistic hookshot and bow will both rule and suck, and for the same reason. Realism is more fun, but the real world is significantly harder than what basically amounted to lasers with arrows for ammo and Spider-Link.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

some of those are pretty good ideas. others are "meh"

I'm liking the addition of an extra difficulty. When Zelda OoT Master Quest was launched, it improved vastly what was already a classic masterpiece. Hope that Hero difficulty is true and that it has a similar effect

And also that drawing symbols has the possibility of being amazing. I loved Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow drawing glyphs, so I hope that something similar is on Zelda too.

I'm not to fond of the girl's name, if it's true. Zordiana reminds me too much of Zordon >_>

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

I don't buy the name

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network

Interesting. Can't wait to see the gameplay.

"man claims they're true" - what else whould he say? :p

well anyways, these details/rumors don't seem too far fetched, pretty believable. i'm not sure they're true though

Sounds great, although "Zordiana" makes me think of Power Rangers.

Maneco said:

Apparently, a German living in Kyoto translated Aonuma's speech for this E3, and he says these rumours are true (link):

• Real name: The Legend of Zelda only; Is this a reboot or somthing give me a subtitle
  • Storyline of hundred of years before OoT, telling the origins of Master Sword; Do we really need a prequal? Whatever carry on
  • The girl is called Zordiana; What's her role in the game?
  • Hookshot will not take Link directly to the spot; it'll be more like WW's grappling hook (doesn't use WM , though); Why? That was the best part of it
  • The player must "draw" symbols with the sword/Wii Remote to open doors; I hope they don't make you go through alot of rooms than...
  • The bow control is similar to WSR's game; The arrows are awsome for fast paced combat. Are they slowing it down? We'll see how it works
  • Two difficulty levels: Normal (with Super Guide) and Hero; Yay!
  • Dungeons will be "integrated" with the real world, which means you won't see the black screen when transitioning the overworld and a dungeon, allowing dungeons to have no bosses and the overworld to receive some. No bosses? I don't believe this part. Why take out the bosses they were like the final thing thing to do.

I think these rumors are false or this might be the worst zelda game ever o atleast the 2nd anyway

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

killeryoshis said:
Maneco said:

• Real name: The Legend of Zelda only; Is this a reboot or somthing give me a subtitle
  • Storyline of hundred of years before OoT, telling the origins of Master Sword; Do we really need a prequal? Whatever carry on
  • The girl is called Zordiana; What's her role in the game?
  • Hookshot will not take Link directly to the spot; it'll be more like WW's grappling hook (doesn't use WM , though); Why? That was the best part of it
  • The player must "draw" symbols with the sword/Wii Remote to open doors; I hope they don't make you go through alot of rooms than...
  • The bow control is similar to WSR's game; The arrows are awsome for fast paced combat. Are they slowing it down? We'll see how it works
  • Two difficulty levels: Normal (with Super Guide) and Hero; Yay!
  • Dungeons will be "integrated" with the real world, which means you won't see the black screen when transitioning the overworld and a dungeon, allowing dungeons to have no bosses and the overworld to receive some. No bosses? I don't believe this part. Why take out the bosses they were like the final thing thing to do.

I think these rumors are false or this might be the worst zelda game ever o atleast the 2nd anyway

They're not saying "take out the bosses" they're saying, "bosses are no longer confined to dungeons, and dungeons are no longer required to have bosses." I would be certain that more than a few of them would, but some now would not, and in exchange we get bitchin' overworld fights.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.