By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda rumours (man claims they're true)

noname2200 said:

Well, when translating my Japanese into English, I'd go for a German to translate for me rather than turning to my own, dedicating localization branch. 

And if I were said German, I'd make damn sure that I never found work again by leaking all the details to the internet, thereby violating my NDA.

Good, because you're fired.

I like some of these ideas (possibility of bosses in the overworld) but I don't expect any of it to be true.

Around the Network

Just "The legend of Zelda"? Seems like if he tried making up a subtitle... something terrible like "Sword of Hyrule"... we'll know he is lying XD. 

Oh well, we don't have long to see if this is true or not. 

Myak-04 said:

Just "The legend of Zelda"? Seems like if he tried making up a subtitle... something terrible like "Sword of Hyrule"... we'll know he is lying XD. 

Oh well, we don't have long to see if this is true or not. 

With names like Phantom Hourglass and Ocarina of Time, I doubt much would give him away.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

I used to despise Zelda with a PASSION. Zelda 2 being the least. I would get nauseous from hearing or watching anything Zelda. Then I played OoT because my wife LOVES Zelda. It was the first console game we bought together :P Since then I play Zelda regularly. However I f'ing hate the Zelda dungeon formula. It's been done to death. 

I want my dungeons integrated into the world. I wan't dungeons to be real locales rather than isolated pockets of underground. Real underground dungeons which exist tend to be small due to construction purposes. WW and some TP dungeons weren't so bad for that. I want the dungeons hidden as over-world challenges. Scaling a mountain could be a dungeon.

I would also love to see and end to Zelda's, rinse and repeat bosses. I want something closer to Shadows of the Collosus and Monster hunter(though not as difficult). Where bosses are truly feel epic. As it is bosses feel more like an action repeat puzzle. Though some bosses were great. I liked the Dragon fight in TP. Though the Dragon Skull was lame.

All in all I would like a change in the Zelda formula. HuB world with zones pockets to the side are sorta boring now. WW had a much better design. Open world where the locations are inside rather than  corner extensions.

Anyways I can see this E3 having a showing of Zelda Wii. I know it's classic every year for people hyped to hear about the next Zelda. With year after year with very little information. This year however feels like we will get more info. Though I won't be surprised if next years E3 is when they demo the game.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

Some of those ideas are really neat.

Although, if for some freak reason nintendo really just calls their title "The Legend of Zelda," I will be dissapointed. I hate when developers just stick the title of the orignal game; the new ones are usually terrible *looks at Sonic the Hedgehog*

The name wouldn't affect the awesome quality of zelda, it'll just make me remember bad games 'cause of it. Like a negative connotation. 

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Around the Network

That sounds plausible.  Will wait and see.  This week reveals a bunch.

If I'm honest with myself, I don't want them to be true because I want more Ganondorf.

Still

That is stupid of me

Interesting title choice, it could have been better, but I guess sticking to something really basic will do.

Everything else on that list seems decent, and actually making it sound better. 

Khuutra said:

If I'm honest with myself, I don't want them to be true because I want more Ganondorf.

Still

That is stupid of me

Never doubt the powers of time-travel. Ganondorf goes back in time to unmake the master sword.

Especially if they were pitching this as a reboot, i find it hard to believe they would do so without Ganon of some sort. Or Zelda for that matter.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:

Never doubt the powers of time-travel. Ganondorf goes back in time to unmake the master sword.

Especially if they were pitching this as a reboot, i find it hard to believe they would do so without Ganon of some sort. Or Zelda for that matter.

True. if you're doing the origin of the legend, it has to be like Ocarina of Time - the three key players have to be there for it to be consistent.