By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony is scamming ya'll. Keep supporting the devil.

rubido said:
Euphoria14 said:
SaviorX said:
weezy said:

Anytime you buy anything from Sony they will just kick you in your fucking balls a couple years down the road.

LOL

Yeah I know right? 

I hate when 3 years after buying something I find out it gains the option to do more than it was capable of doing when I first purchased it.

I hate when companies add features... really pisses me off! >:O

What he says does make some sense. It's not just adding features. Take for example the case for HD gaming. They added the feature of being able to play on HD TVs with better quality while still being able to enjoy the game on your old SD TV. Right? Sure, you can still play it on SD TVs... wait... can you? Sure you can... really?

Well, games for HD consoles use tiny fonts that are usually readable only in HD TVs. Even though it's doable in SD TVs, it's a pain in the ass to read anything.

I heard about that for a few titles like Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts and Mass Effect I believe, but considering how most PS/360 games have full voice acting and the subtitles when used are pretty big I don't see the issue.

I had to play Fallout 3 on an SDTV at my girlfriend's parent's house when my daughter was born and I had zero trouble reading any of the text and the TV was probably no more than a 20-22 inch.

Not to mention the game still looks great.

This argument is extremely poor. He is bitching because PS3 gained the option to play 3D games, which for people like me who do not own a 3DTV, this doesn't effect me in any way what so ever since all these games aren't 3DTV mandated. The games will still work perfectly fine on my current 1080p TV and still look fantastic.

Point is, fail argument is fail.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

If any thing... Move and a shit load of sequals seem to be their focus... 3D seems to be an extra that they're ok with supporting. Which tons of HW companies seem to be doing... I don't see SONY forcing any developers to support 3D. They've got a couple of PSN titles, a motorstorm demo, and 2 or 3 games announced that are gonna support the 3D. If anything, it seems like SONY's just throwing the 3D market a bone and seeing how much of a bite they're gonna take before they consider "focusing" on 3D.

As for "needing" a 3Dtv to get the most of out the PS3; If you really think that then that's pretty weak minded of you... Every SONY PS3 title supports 720p. HDTV, sure. To get the most out of your PS3, I'd recommend one. 3D, though? Even SONY isn't saying that... I have a link to dig up...

4 ≈ One

1.  New Technology is researched.

2.  New Technology is released and is Expensive and it's infancy (not quite developed).

3.  People get pissed because current "technology" is good enough.

4.  Technology gets cheaper, more people buy it and it becomes cool to get it.

5.  Repeat Steps 1-4 for each technology.

About the same for CD, VHS, DVD, mp3 players, cell phones, Blu-ray, Color TV, HD TV, and now 3DTV.

Some don't always take off as much as others, but you get the point.

I don't see much point of this thread except for some to get some repressed hate out.  Now that PS3 is doing better than people were expecting back in 2007, I think some would like the wind the clock back to "Blu-ray, $599, No GAEMZ, etc."

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Can't find the exact link I was hoping for but this is good enough

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/sony-games-will-lead-the-way-for-3d

"It is important to us that we are always moving forward with new technologies, especially where there is the potential to redefine the entertainment experience," he said. "As far as 3D is concerned, the potential for 3D gaming is huge and we are only scratching the surface.

"Of course, as with all new technologies, initially there are barriers to entry, such as the cost of the TVs. Regardless of that, we feel that it is our responsibility to offer all consumers a choice. If you want to spend the money on a new 3D TV, then we will provide you with 3D content to play.

"That is not to say that out priorities have changed. Our priority is still very much our key traditional Blu-ray Disc titles, and that does not mean that we can't offer some 3D fun as well."

SONY knows the problem with getting 3D to mainstream success, and they're not focusing on it as heavily as some of you people implied in this thread...

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
rubido said:
Euphoria14 said:
SaviorX said:
weezy said:

Anytime you buy anything from Sony they will just kick you in your fucking balls a couple years down the road.

LOL

Yeah I know right? 

I hate when 3 years after buying something I find out it gains the option to do more than it was capable of doing when I first purchased it.

I hate when companies add features... really pisses me off! >:O

What he says does make some sense. It's not just adding features. Take for example the case for HD gaming. They added the feature of being able to play on HD TVs with better quality while still being able to enjoy the game on your old SD TV. Right? Sure, you can still play it on SD TVs... wait... can you? Sure you can... really?

Well, games for HD consoles use tiny fonts that are usually readable only in HD TVs. Even though it's doable in SD TVs, it's a pain in the ass to read anything.

From my experience, this is true for a number of games. Honestly, I disliked to damn near hated folklore until I started playing it in HD. Now look at the rating I gave the game. However, this argument doesn't apply here...

2 things we've noticed so far about 2D -> 3D:

1) Playing the game in 3D format reported less AA on the 3D version, lower resolutions, and a few other reductions in visuals BUT solely for the 3D mode. It affects 2D no way what so ever. Unlike how building your game's presentation [font being a part of that] for HD weakens it on an SDTV.

2) 2 developers so far have actually IMPROVED the 2D mode of the game because of 3D. Super Stardust HD and Killzone3 received major boosts in framerate because of the improvement they had to make in order to support 3D properly.

No harm to HD only players. If anything, just improvements. 

Fixed mistakes...

4 ≈ One

Because Sony is losing the console war, Sony has changed its whole entire gameplan a third of the way into this generation's lifespan! While trying to one-up other companies...

And guess who are the suckers that are gonna have to try and keep up with Sony?  Us.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

weezy said:

Because Sony is losing the console war, Sony has changed its whole entire gameplan a third of the way into this generation's lifespan! While trying to one-up other companies...

And guess who are the suckers that are gonna have to try and keep up with Sony?  Us.

So a company changes their gameplan to become more competitive when they were lacking...  I learn something new every day...

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

weezy said:

Why?

4 ≈ One

Hey guess what, MS is most likely to announce the slim 360 tomorrow, it's a change of plans, which will undoubtably screw the consumers out of their well earned munniez, maybe you should chastise them as well just for the lulz.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?