By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony is scamming ya'll. Keep supporting the devil.

weezy said:

PS3 owners, not only did we have to already upgrade our TV one time to 1080p, but now our TV is fucking worthless when PS3 releases its 3D games!! Hip Hip HoRaay!!

It is all because Sony makes other home electronics(TV'S).  They are, and will be cramming these 3D tv's down our throat's.

Im pretty sure Sony forgot to tell us we are needed to spend $5000 on two TV's(Sony is praying you buy thier TV's) on top of a $400 PS3.

Because im sure they wouldn't just do this because they are losing a console war and they need to compete so they are insisting we buy one of thier 3D TV's. You know? For thier new little nifty venture into 3D gaming with a Sony Touch..

I cannot wait to see how Sony justifies this whole 3D TV thing while showing off their own version of Nintendo Wii on a 3D TV.

Anytime you buy anything from Sony they will just kick you in your fucking balls a couple years down the road.

• You don't HAVE to upgrade to 1080p TVs, but you get a better picture quality. The same is with 3D, you don't must have it, but you'll get a better experience with.
  • Which electronic company don't try to sell you new tech? Each one do!!! If they didn't evolve, we would still watch black & white TV.
  • For $5000 on two TVs, you can get two of $2500, which is the normal price for good & big sized TV, even in 3D.
  • Where do you get a PS3  (standard Slim) for $400 nowadays? We all can get one for $300 (occassionaly also cheaper). Maybe yours has  a golden DS3?!?
  • Lately Sony isn't losing the "console war" as they are selling more consoles as MS.

But as you bring in the clearly fanboy expression "console war", this let me believe your whole thread has only trolling as purpose.

Around the Network

But...you don't have to...I don't get the mentality of "we have to buy every new trinket that arrives on day one." If you follow that mentality, that's your fault not Sony's.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

No crap you don't have to buy it.. You don't have to buy a PS3 either. You don't have to buy video games. You don't really have to buy ANY entertainment technology..

The point is, Sony is actually trying to get people to buy it, they are pushing for it to be the standard, when the technology is just far too expensive right now and well beyond the financial means for most people. Many people still don't own HDTVs or just bought one, and now suddenly those will soon be outdated, and they will have to buy a $2000 3DTV? Which will probably soon be phased out by a better 3DTV without the use of glasses..

I just don't like the fact that to get the 'optimal' experience on PS3, you now have to own not only an HDTV, but now a $2000 3DTV. What happened to consoles that just gave you everything you needed and everything they provided right out of the box? Now it's like if you spend $300 on a PS3, you're not truly getting your money's worth.

Metallicube said:

Now it's like if you spend $300 on a PS3, you're not truly getting your money's worth.

Um... isn't a product having features that are more advanced than it may even be possible for you to use getting more than your money's worth?

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Stop talking pointless trash...

Around the Network
SmoothCriminal said:

I've never liked Sony as a company. Sure, I like their consoles, but I hate supporting Sony. They're just dicks in general. 

I liked Sony during the PS2 days, but lately they seem to have done everything in their power to make themselves look bad. The rootkit scandal is what innitially tarnished their image for me. Then the otrageously arrogant comments before the PS3 launch about how "their fans would buy a PS3 without any games on it" and pricing the console $600 at launch.. And of course the wiping out of Liksang for *gasp* selling imported PSPs to foreign markets (oh not THAT!!) But what was the final nail in the coffin for me was the sixaxis, when they stood there at the E3 conference and showed it off like motion control was their idea, even calling it a "fantastic innovation." Then the Move just took the copying to a blatant and hilarious extreme. Sony is not even hiding their shamelessness anymore.

People are going to find offense to this but I don't care. I'm just being honest.

Not that I like MS either. They're just as full of crap as Sony, perhaps moreso. But I still like the Xbox 360 itself.. Just not the company behind it.

Metallicube said:

No crap you don't have to buy it.. You don't have to buy a PS3 either. You don't have to buy video games. You don't really have to buy ANY entertainment technology..

The point is, Sony is actually trying to get people to buy it, they are pushing for it to be the standard, when the technology is just far too expensive right now and well beyond the financial means for most people. Many people still don't own HDTVs or just bought one, and now suddenly those will soon be outdated, and they will have to buy a $2000 3DTV? Which will probably soon be phased out by a better 3DTV without the use of glasses..

I just don't like the fact that to get the 'optimal' experience on PS3, you now have to own not only an HDTV, but now a $2000 3DTV. What happened to consoles that just gave you everything you needed and everything they provided right out of the box? Now it's like if you spend $300 on a PS3, you're not truly getting your money's worth.

Yea, and Apply actually tries to get people to buy Macbooks, Ford actually tries get people to buy Mustangs, and realtors actually try to get people to buy houses. If you're making a new product, why wouldn't you try to get people to buy it? 

And did you forget that new technology is expensive? Remember how much Blu-ray players used to cost? Hell, VCRs used to be only affordable to the wealthy. 

So what if you don't like Sony, but you can't hate on them for wanting to get people to buy their product, otherwise you should completely shun the next Nintendo console because it'll "be new, more expensive than the current consoles, and trying to force a new standard when you just got used to the Wii".

"far too expensive right now and well beyond the financial means for most people". Ferrari's are far too expensive and well beyond the financial means for most people....doesn't mean Ferrari isn't going to make pushes to have their cars sell.

"Many people still don't own HDTVs or just bought one, and now suddenly those will soon be outdated, and they will have to buy a $2000 3DTV? "

And you know, technology technically gets outdated once every like 18 months. Hell looks at HDTV. First it was tube, then DLP, the Plasma, the LCD, then LED, then OLED, each more expensive than the last. You complain about that? 3D is just the next step. You wanna get mad that 3DTVs are gonna cost $2500? And LED TVs from high end companies (like Sony, Samsung, LG, etc) cost nearly the same???

Hell, even though the PS3 is supposed to last 10 years, how quickly have people on this very forum have claimed it to be outdated already. "For the price, I could get a more powerful computer, and for more I could get a system that blows the PS3 out of the water", right?

I swear you guys are overreacting, on the extreme scale, and it's only because Sony is pushing it. But you seem to forget, THEY ARE A TECHNOLOGY COMPANY!! When they make advances in tech, THEY'RE GOING TO WANT TO SELL IT! Otherwise, what's the point of all the R&D behind the product?

Currently playing:

Unreal Tournament 3, Warhawk, Rock Band, Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy XII, DMC2, then 3, and Radiata Stories

"Stop the presses// It's been a while but I'm back in session// And in the past time my flow's matured more than adolescence// It's time to learn a lesson// So get you pen and your pad out, listen close, and take heed to this blessing"

Metallicube said:

But what was the final nail in the coffin for me was the sixaxis, when they stood there at the E3 conference and showed it off like motion control was their idea, even calling it a "fantastic innovation."

Also, when they claimed that force feedback was outdated technology of the previous generation and was no longer of importance to gamers... whoops!

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Metallicube said:

dude they arent pushing anything, there are 3d tvs out there by samsung and sharp, if they would be pushing 3d so hard dont you think their product would be on the market? your not even making sense...

and if you dont want to buy a ps3 then go for the wii, you get the complete experience... oh you wanna play a game with your friend, then you have to buy another remote a motion plus a nunchuk and just incase a classic controller! oh and dont worry the wiimote doesnt have any intenal rechargeable lithium ion battery or anything, and it can do HD!! oh wait i guess it cant nevermind then you dont have to worry about a new tv, you can watch all your games being played in a horrible resolution! hurray!

I'm simply saying that 3D technology RIGHT NOW is pointless and nowhere near worth the price, nor is it worth wearing stupid glasses for, and it should not be Sony's main focus. That's it. Now once TVs reach the price of $400-500 and work without glassess, THEN 3D will be a worthy investment. But that may very well be not for another decade.

My point in all this is basically, Sony (and many of companies) are pushing a technology that's far ahead of its time, and they should be focusing on getting more mass market appeal, not elevating higher upmarket further out of reach of most people.