By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony is scamming ya'll. Keep supporting the devil.

GooseGaws said:
Metallicube said:

But what was the final nail in the coffin for me was the sixaxis, when they stood there at the E3 conference and showed it off like motion control was their idea, even calling it a "fantastic innovation."

Also, when they claimed that force feedback was outdated technology of the previous generation and was no longer of importance to gamers... whoops!

You know they were just covering their asses because they got sued by Immersion and didn't want to settle, right? Yea, it was dumb to say, but that's the only reason there wasn't a DS3 from the get go

Currently playing:

Unreal Tournament 3, Warhawk, Rock Band, Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy XII, DMC2, then 3, and Radiata Stories

"Stop the presses// It's been a while but I'm back in session// And in the past time my flow's matured more than adolescence// It's time to learn a lesson// So get you pen and your pad out, listen close, and take heed to this blessing"

Around the Network
boilermaker11 said:
GooseGaws said:
Metallicube said:

But what was the final nail in the coffin for me was the sixaxis, when they stood there at the E3 conference and showed it off like motion control was their idea, even calling it a "fantastic innovation."

Also, when they claimed that force feedback was outdated technology of the previous generation and was no longer of importance to gamers... whoops!

You know they were just covering their asses because they got sued by Immersion and didn't want to settle, right? Yea, it was dumb to say, but that's the only reason there wasn't a DS3 from the get go

Well, of course.  That's what made it even more galling, that they pretended force feedback was no longer relevant just because they didn't want to pay the licensing fee.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

I wouldn't consider this action scamming as I would consider it parallel marketing. Though I admit Sony really takes the cake in regards to cost. Other Parralel products include some of the

Pokemon franchise. Anyone remember how you could import pokemon into your GBA pokemon card battle games? You just needed a card reader? Same idea. You don't need it, but to get the full effect of the product you need to buy it.

WoW. WoW is a succeful MMO. Did you know that there is a WoW CCG? There are Rare cards in the CCG with codes on them. These codes unlock stuff in the WoW mmo. Rare stuff too. Stuff you can only get buy buying the cards. Spectral riding mounts being one of them.

Yes they are optional, but again to get the full effect you need to buy parallel products. Though again it's not new. There is nothing wrong with it. I admit though Sony really takes the cake in regards to cost.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

Metallicube said:
Chairman-Mao said:

LMFAO so you're against new technology? What if people just said black and white TV's are good enough, we don't need colour TV's or any of that shit?

Point is its optional. Sony is still gonna make regular games, 3D is just an experiment.

Christ people, is this so hard to understand? We are NOT against new technology! We are simply against spending ungodly amounts of money on technology.

For something thats gonna flop.

People who watch movies dont want to wear glasses, so this will turn people away.

TV's that do have built in screens will require you to sit at an exact angle and if you move slightly, it will screw the image up.

Movies dont need to be 3D, 3D makes the movie less convincing and more gimmicky.

weezy said:

Anytime you buy anything from Sony they will just kick you in your fucking balls a couple years down the road.

LOL

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network
weezy said:

yo_john117 said:I don't think they are forcing anyone to do anything.....if you want it bad enough you will pay for it.

wait till E3.

Then let me know if you think they are forcing it down our throat's and out our asses. This is gonna be REE! DIC!

This thread is win.

People crying about shit they don't have to buy.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

it's a gimmik and gimmik's = money so what did you expect? in like 4 years when ps3's don't matter and 3d tv's are mainstream the people like me who are going to wait to get one will get them cheaper

SaviorX said:
weezy said:

Anytime you buy anything from Sony they will just kick you in your fucking balls a couple years down the road.

LOL

Yeah I know right? 

I hate when 3 years after buying something I find out it gains the option to do more than it was capable of doing when I first purchased it.

I hate when companies add features... really pisses me off! >:O

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
SaviorX said:
weezy said:

LOL

Yeah I know right? 

I hate when 3 years after buying something I find out it gains the option to do more than it was capable of doing when I first purchased it.

I hate when companies add features... really pisses me off! >:O

What he says does make some sense. It's not just adding features. Take for example the case for HD gaming. They added the feature of being able to play on HD TVs with better quality while still being able to enjoy the game on your old SD TV. Right? Sure, you can still play it on SD TVs... wait... can you? Sure you can... really?

Well, games for HD consoles use tiny fonts that are usually readable only in HD TVs. Even though it's doable in SD TVs, it's a pain in the ass to read anything.

Ahh a Lil Wayne fan ... Jk.

OT : You don't need to buy one.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E