By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official 2010 Sony E3 Press Conference

One more question, Portal 2 was supposed to release this fall? Right? Now is pushed back to 2011, it seem PS3 is to blame here.

Around the Network
eggs2see said:

I think you lot saying nintendo's was the best have lost it.  I guess it's all just personal opinion with regards to games, but on a presentation level the fact that sony could properly demonstrate move, live, while nintendo failed and microsoft's kinect i'm pretty sure wasn't live demo's speaks volumes to me.

Honestly move is looking like the best of the motion controls by far after this.

Oh and comeon surely im not the only one who thought microsoft's presentors were wayyyy to camp and nintendo wasn't much better.

Good on sony for gettin up there and just talking to us like we are normal people and not having silly gimicks.

No silly gimmicks? What do you call Kevin Butler? Or the kid from Role Models? Or Sweet Tooth driving out on the stage? Or Gabe Newell's stand up?

Regarding Nintendo's Zelda blunder, they're allowed a pass. We know the Wiimote works. We know Wiimotion Plus works. Zelda has never controlled anything less than beautifully, so anyone other than the biggest cynic knows it will work. If Miyamoto says there was some interference in the way, then I believe it. They've proven their product works time and time again, as it's on the market.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

WHERE THE FUCK WAS RESISTANCE 3?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHERE THE FUCK WAS AGENT?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This conference gets a 8/10

It got deducted two marks because they didn't show the two games above

hey guys...was there any news about resident evil portable??

BBH said:
Slimebeast said:

- No Agent

- No Resistence 3

- No Last Guardian

- No Team ICO Collection

- No PSP2

- No FF13 Verses

Now spin your way out of that.

Em, time is limited to two hours, and maybe those titles and items, some not announced by Sony aren't ready yet.

- Killzone 3 gameplay MOVE 

- 3D Details

- Coca Cola ad deal (130M exposures to PS Move)

- Host of good, and not so good more games. 

- Move looks accurate

- Kevin Butler

- Cool PSP ads

- Exclusive content on Mafia, Medal of Hounor, Dead Space and more I think?

- LBP2 footage

- PSN Plus

- Decent Move Prices

- GT5 Release Date FINALLYEE

- Portal 2

- Steam on PS3, and Gabe on stage

- InFamous 2

- Twisted Metal

Okay, you won. Your list was much longer than mine.

Around the Network
shanbcn said:

One more question, Portal 2 was supposed to release this fall? Right? Now is pushed back to 2011, it seem PS3 is to blame here.

PS3 was ht elead platform so its not PS3 but the whole thing

I believe they had a very good showing this year.  Nintendo takes the crown with megaton hits and surprises, but Sony comes in second with albeit lesser megatons and surprises. 

PS:Sorcery actually looks like a game I want to play.

It wasn't bad...it wasn't great either. Ninty completely overshadowed the whole E3, and having to follow that was brutal. They had good jokes tho so I got a few chuckles here and there. I think that those that think its really bad were expecting too much from other games like last guardian and versus. I went in there expecting to see Move, Twisted Metal (after heavy rumors) inFAMOUS 2, Resistance 3 and killzone 3. A little disappointed that there was no Resistance 3 but all in all I expected what they showed, so I can't complain. Although...it was long....really long.

As for PSN Plus, good price (although I won't subscribe unless the 3 months really blows my socks off), and good that they didn't announce cross game voice chat exclusive to PSN (although they can still announce it). Man, I was hoping that the rumors of a XMB redesign were true.

STEKSTAV said:

Thing is, non is in it to win it at E3. Thats just some fanboy kiddy stuff. Like some sony rep said when asked why they announce so many highly anticipated games before E3, he said something along the lines of "whos games have everyone talked about for the last two months?"

Listen, I actually agree with ya for the most part. Game releases are game releases, and we'll be playing them eventually. But... *looks around* think if all of those games I mentioned were announced today. Right now.

Minds would be blown.

I have to admit the things that impressed me most include:

PS MOVE being $49.99 (Kinect is $149)

PS MOVE 1st party titles being only $39.99 (Kinect 1st party is $59.99)

PORTAL 2 coming to playstation 3

DEAD SPACE 2 bringing DEAD SPACE WII remastered for PS MOVE

MEDAL OF HONOR bringing re mastered medal of honor 2002

All those exclusive beta/DLC announcements

and.. thats it for me

mM