By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official 2010 Sony E3 Press Conference

It is interesting reading peoples views here of the conference because everywhere else it is getting pretty ripped apart.

Of the three conferences this was by far the weakest. We had basically 2hrs of stuff with very little gameplay footage. Majority of the stuff shown was multi-platform. Microsofts show was bad but they at least showed exclusive games for the vast majority of the show.

Sony basically just said that if we want to play demos/betas and get content we have to now pay for it. Pay more then you do for a live subscription. And some of you are happy about that? Add to that there was no price cut and the Move bundle is basically an extra $100 even though it cost $80 seperatly. There was no price cut or anything of that type.

Add to that the only real exclusive we saw today was Twisted Metal 2. A game i myself am not a fan of. It's previous sales have been poor (last one sold 2m with 140m consoles to sell to, only 200k sold outside US), it is nowhere near an AAA title.

The majority of the show made no sense at all. We had adverts, montages of games just shown, over and over, the whole Coke advert about how you can win stuff with them.

Let's not beat about the bush the only decent thing about the show was parts of the LBP2 showing and Infamous 2 trailer. That was it. The Move thing just looks like a copy of Wii. Microsoft copied them too in their show but they showed additional features i.e ability to talk to your tv, no longer needing a controller etc..While they copied the idea the actual product is different. Move is basically just a Wii remote and a nunchuck. The games it showed were un-inspiring. If Nintendo showed Sorcerer a lot of you would say it was a rip off of Harry Potter Wii, and it is. Where are the unique ideas?

Then there is GT5, a game we have been hearing about at E3 since 2007, we have seen a release date announced there before, it means nothing. That is nothing special.

Nintendo won E3, not because their conference was great but because Microsofts was poor and Sony's was very poor.

Sony's conference was pointless, they showed us very little we had not already seen before. But as i said it is interesting reading peoples views as they don't appear to be reflecting all the other gaming sites at all.

Around the Network

- No Team Ico Collection

- No The Last Guardian

On the up side, the influx of first person shooters into the market over the past years has made me a crack shot.  Now to go on a little fieldtrip with my shotgun....

A move title; "Sorcery" comes out of nowhere and actually looks really good.

This is the sort of game that will sell the Move. Seems a little bit like Fable, and that is a good thing.

really suprised nothing was shown on Agent. Also, I want more details on PSN plus , which we might hear more about in the coming days.

Overall Sony comes in 2nd behind Nintendo.

Microsoft was .....  not interesed in having anything noteworthy imo.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Hmm, it wasn't that bad, but it only had a couple of mind blowing moments.

-I like how  a lot of big multiplats are getting pretty good exclusive content (Dead Space: Extraction, Medal of Honour, Assasins Creed Beta etc.)

-Infamous 2 look's pretty cool.

-Twisted Metal looked absolutely crazy, the online look's pretty amazing.

-That Sorcery game actually peaked my interest by a fair amount.

-Move controller's only $49, already have the camera.

-GT5 release date, finally.

-Portal 2 was huge, I don't think people understand that Portal was never meant to be shown at E3, the booth was canceled and Valve went quite for a while, the reveal was absolutely crazy considering it's getting Steam support as well.

-Kevin Butler was hilarious.

-Killzone 3 footage was awesome.

-Little Big Planet 2 footage was awesome.

-Premium service is much cheaper than was previously rumoured.

-Move support seem's pretty decent.

-Some Final  Fantasy thing showed, I guess that made some people happy.

-Jak, Sly and Ratchet crossover game.

-Sly Cooper HD collection.

If there was less Kaz, golf, talking and random montages it could have been a little better. Otherwise it was a decent conference that would have looked better had Nintendo not shat on everything within 12 miles of the E3 center.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

How much content did Sony show? People are saying they showed  a lot...

Take away multi-platform.

Killzone 2, GT 5, LBP 2, Twisted Metal

What else was there, I'm sure I am missing some

Around the Network

At people not being surprised about Portal 2 PS3, remember it was anounced couple of months back for just PC and 360. And now its being developed for PS3 by Valve themself, remember 1st one was ported by EA. What does this mean? Well it mean from now on expect rest of Valve franchises to hit PS3 alongside 360. If this is not megaton then what is? And Portal 2 PS3 version will be better then 360, but i will get on PC. :)

- No Agent- No Resistence 3- No Last Guardian- No Team ICO Collection- No PSP2- No FF13 Verses

Now spin your way out of that. Only one new core game (Twisted metal). But remember MS had one too (Kingdoms).

Smeags said:
leo-j said:

if sony hadn't had leaked all there games.. they would have won..

nintendo didn't have anything leak now did it

That's Nintendo for ya, always holding everything close to the chest. Heck, even the 3DS annoucement was very out of place for them.

As for Sony, I really don't know why they shot themselves in the foot like that. Could you imagine if LPB2, inFamous 2, and KillZone 3 were announced right then and there with Twisted Metal. It would have been nuts. *shrugs* It will definitely me a mystery to me for why they decided to do what they did with those announcements.

Thing is, non is in it to win it at E3. Thats just some fanboy kiddy stuff. Like some sony rep said when asked why they announce so many highly anticipated games before E3, he said something along the lines of "whos games have everyone talked about for the last two months?"

That press conference was absolutely terrible. It was fall asleep boring and none of the graphics looked very good, and the megatons were lame (oh boy, Valve comes to PS3 what a surprise). PSP is a dead dog but they keep it. The Move Tiger Woods game showcased huge lag after the PS3 fanboys told us Move was lagless. And on and on. The $199 PS3 turned out to be a fanboy myth as expected, the pricing for Move was exceedingly expensive, PSN plus wasn't explained as appealing, the list just goes on and on.

It's just terrible, terrible all around.

Slimebeast said:

- No Agent

- No Resistence 3

- No Last Guardian

- No Team ICO Collection

- No PSP2

- No FF13 Verses

Now spin your way out of that.

Em, time is limited to two hours, and maybe those titles and items, some not announced by Sony aren't ready yet.

- Killzone 3 gameplay MOVE 

- 3D Details

- Coca Cola ad deal (130M exposures to PS Move)

- Host of good, and not so good more games. 

- Move looks accurate

- Kevin Butler

- Cool PSP ads

- Exclusive content on Mafia, Medal of Hounor, Dead Space and more I think?

- LBP2 footage

- PSN Plus

- Decent Move Prices

- GT5 Release Date FINALLYEE

- Portal 2

- Steam on PS3, and Gabe on stage

- InFamous 2

- Twisted Metal