By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official 2010 Sony E3 Press Conference

No Resistance 3, Starhawk, Agent, The Last Guardian........................

Around the Network

Overall I'm very happy with the conference, it was great (although it definitly had bad moments).

inFAMOUS 2 and Killzone 3 looked great and I was highly impressed by Twisted Metal (never played a TM).

But there was definitly a lack of some things... I mean... where was Resistance 3, The Last Guardian and the rumoured Team ICO collection?

Objectively Nintendo won this year's E3.

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

Smeags said:

I missed the conference... but from the looks of it, announcing all of those amazing games early (LBP2, KZ3, InF2, so on and so on...) was a silly decision on Sony's part.

And no PSP2? Not even a price drop? 3DS is going to be unstoppable... o_O

Oh yeah, I was really hoping for that. Or at the very least a Price Cut so I could Buy the PSP. I guess that plan's on hold for now. 

Twisted metal is easily game of the show and completely surpassed my expectations 

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Twisted Metal and Porta 2 "Best version and first Valve PS3 game"... won the E3 for Sony.

Around the Network

PSP show was a travesty!

It was like they were ashamed of showing it.

they didn't have enough time.. 2 hours was there max.

lots of exclusives announced for 3rd party games.. I MEAN COME ON

DEAD SPACE 2 WITH THE WII GAME REMADE FOR PS3

bundled with DEAD SPACE EXTRACTION

plus MEDAL OF  HONOR bundled with a remastered AAA medal of honor game..

plus all that exclusive DLC/BETA/stuff really suprised me..

mM
Slimebeast said:

I didnt get the Portal 2 part. Isnt Portal 1 already on PS3 in the Orange Box?

So why bring Gabe there just to tell you that Portal 2 is coming to PS3 (duh)? Or did I miss something?

Orange Box on PS3 was a port by EA that Valve all but disowned and Gabe said that the PS3 "was a disaster" so having Gabe appear and say that Valve is now developing directly for PS3 and that Portal 2 is going to own on the platform is fairly big in that until then Valve where 100% PC/360 developer.

It's not a given, but with Valve now clearly developing on PS3 then of course L4D and L4D2 plus all future Valve titles could hit PS3, too.

That's why arguably that was the biggest bit of genuinely surprising news in the whole thing.

Too much talking for me though, and too many montages but decent enough I suppose.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Slimebeast said:

I didnt get the Portal 2 part. Isnt Portal 1 already on PS3 in the Orange Box?

So why bring Gabe there just to tell you that Portal 2 is coming to PS3 (duh)? Or did I miss something?

It seemed like more of an admission by Newell that the PS3 is now officially worth Valve's development efforts thanks to rising marketshare.

The fact that Newell came on stage himself to announce the title was a pretty big deal and a really ODD place to debut that Portal 2 footage. As in the last place anyone would have expected.

So who's waiting for TGS. Hopefully we'll hear something about the Last Guardian