By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Microsoft E3 2010 Press Conference Thread

Wait.Milo! What happened to Milo?

OMG, I think the Tiger ate Milo!

Around the Network
selnor said:

That was a great conference.

First part was for hardcore gamers. 2nd part was for casuals and hardcore gamers with families and friends. 

My wife watched it and she is loving Kinect. My daughter is 3 and she loved the Kinectimals. This is very very smart from M$. 

This will sell to casuals hugely guys. That was M$ aim. Great to see Hardcore market catered for and not forgotten. The new 360 looks beautiful. Absolutely gonna buy another new 360 in the next 2 months. 

Fantastic conference M$. 

Great price on the new 360 to. That is a bargain. 

it wasn't a great conference.nowhere near it

sompare it to the old MS conferences not to Nintendo ones

also the HARDCORE part was a bit too short

I liked the Fable, Gears and MGS footage (all games I plan to buy at some point), but the rest of the presser was uninteresting. Basically, this feels the same as Nintendo's conference of 2008. It probably benefits the company's goal to broaden their audience, but it had nothing that someone like me would find interesting.

It was funny seeing all those people trying to act as if what they were saying was unscripted though.

well FF XIII wasn't supposed to be at e3 last year.. and it was

mM

ok, my thoughts...

The Good

• X360 Slim (rumored, but finally confirmed)
  • Kinect release date
  • ESPN on X360
  • Crytec Exclusive announced (at least I think it was first announced here)
  • CoD 3 year timed exclusivity announcement (ok, not good for PS3 fans, but at least it was announcement for the X360 fans)
  • MGS:Rising "cut" gameplay

The Bad

• Kinect conference should have been aired rather than duplicating it here. While this portion of the conference was new to us, it was a repeat of the night before (from my understanding)
  • No Price
  • Teleconference ability (yay for catching up to a mostly useless technology)
  • No big game announcements
  • Lack of core Kinect support

The Indifferent

• Halo Reach (already announced previously & no major new info)
  • Gears of War 3 (already announced previously & no major new info)
  • Fable 3 (already announced previously? & no major new info)

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

I don't get why MS believes that casual gamers are content with bland, boring, and simplistic gameplay. Look at Nintendo's expanded audience games. They may not be complex in the sense of epic stories and blood and gore, but they still have great GAMEPLAY and content (well except Wii Music.)

Judging from the look of the quality from MS Kinect games, it is clear they see the expanded audience as nothing more than moron drones who will buy anything branded with a "party" image. It is an insult to these expanded audience gamers, and they will not invest in your product if you view them only as 2nd tier moron gamers that are happy with junk. These Kinetic "games" look like much of the Wii shovelware by 3rd parties that didn't sell. And like those flops, these games will be flops as well. Way to miss the point of the Wii completly MS...

This conference is going to be extremely harmful for MS I think. Not only did they completely miss the point of the Wii and what appeals to its audience, but in doing so, they have probably angered their core fanbase, which is really their ONLY fanbase. 

Munkeh111 said:
Barozi said:

rather boring.

Missed the beginning, so most of the good stuff was already shown.

At least I saw Gears 3. The shown Kinect games looked like upgrade version from Wii games, with the exception of Kinect Sports. That one didn't look as good as Wii Sports Resort, maybe not even better than Wii Sports (due to the lack of Tennis)

I'm  just asking myself how much they charge for those games. They looked like retail releases, but I can't imagine that Joy Ride for examples will cost more than $15. It was a XBLA title at first....

And how much is Kinect now ? I think I haven't seen a price tag. Also needs much more core games.

New Crytek exclusive sounds VERY promising. I hope it's their main studio and not Crytek Black Sea or Crytek UK.

ESPN deal is awesome though. Lucky Americans...

I agree, I really liked the look of that trailer. The only thing is that their speciality is in shooters, so it might be from one of their smaller studios. Remember; Crytek UK were Free Radical, who made TimeSplitters 2, which was amazing

Yeah but I know what the current Crytek team is capable of and after playing Haze I'm not too sure if I would cheer for the next Crytek UK game.

selnor said:
tombi123 said:
selnor said:
tombi123 said:
selnor said:

OMFG. Hell yes. New Xbox available NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was only a couple of days ago you were saying the 360 slim Natal bundle wouldn't be anymore expensive than the Wii. The 360 slim didn't even get a price drop... even without a Natal thrown in.

Having said that it did look nice.

I think they decided to give the press a free console so they wouldn't slate that, at best, average press conference. 

Did you see the Natal software launch titles... they were poor.

The casuals will love them. People with families will love them. My wife watched the conference with me. And she is already telling me we are getting Kinect. My 3 year old daughter wants Kinectimals. M$ have achieved exactly what they wanted. Sales. 

I do not expect gamers on the internet to like the 2nd half of the conference. It wasnt aimed at them anyway. M$ will be on alot of TV shows now in the west. And I also think Japan may actually go for this.

I think the big thing for the casuals is the price. The Wii wouldn't be half as successful if it had launched at the same price as the 360. 

The fact that MS didn't announce the price suggests its going to be on the expensive side. Rumored prices of $130-190 is just too much for Kinect to have any significance this gen.

M$ havent had a price drop for over a year. They could easily bundle Kinect with the new 360 for $299 come November. IMO they will.

I would like to see that myself, but I very much doubt it..you see that 3DCam is very expensive..

yes i'm sure many would want that to happen also, but i just do not think they will. though if the did that indeed would be fantastic.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

I actually really liked the conference stuff. 

I want 5 of the 6 Kinect launch games they showed (don't want the animals one) and the interface stuff just rocks my socks off.

I was actually less interested in the stuff at the beginning of the show (except Fable 3).  I am a little upset they didn't mention a price for Kinect though.

If MSFT try to launch this at over 150. Just save your money and go buy a damn Wii. Most of the launch titles for Kinect are on the Wii anyways.