By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Microsoft E3 2010 Press Conference Thread

Will the footage be on Xbox Live? I can't properly play HD video on my PC because it lacks a graphics card, so I want to see these properly on my TV in HD

Around the Network

Isn't Mass Effect 3 being announced this E3?  Where was it?

we'll see the true colors of the media after this conference

disolitude said:
ShadowSoldier said:

Ill say this

I hate motion controls but based off of Software
for me

Move>Kinect

Why? Socom 4, Heavy Rain and Resident Evil 5 will all be Move Playable

As well as regular controller...which is most likely actually more fun.

IGN just gave a glowing preview of SOCOM 4 and how it was more awesome with the Move than with the Dualshock. Just saying.

Procrastinato said:

Overall, I think MS did an excellent job with content targetted at the casual audience.  I think all the doubts that Kinect would be a flop, from the content perspective, have washed away -- its got a great casual lineup.

Now they just have to price it well, and advertise it.  That might be tough.

I don't think anyone doubted that they'd have a Fitness game and some Wii Sports derivatives with simple gameplay.

So I disagree that any doubts on the content have washed away. They announced the expected stuff.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
shock182 said:
joeorc said:
kowenicki said:

Im amazed at some of the reactiuons here...

kinect delivered BIG TIME

kinect games looked v good

the big 3 games blockbuster games looked amazing

COD has timed exclusivity for 3 years on DLC

there was an unannounced crytek exclusive

and a new console... with a bigger HDD and built in wifi for the same price available TOMORROW.

come on fellas... get over the bias and admit that was a good conference.

I know it seem's no matter what some companies do they cannot seem to get any prop's from some gamer's.

I for one though Microsoft had a pretty good conference.

the fact that the redesign goes on sale this week is great, it will spurn new sales..

though as for :

"kinect delivered BIG TIME"

well I for one agree it was pretty darn good, some would disagree, but one of the thing's i like and I think that will go overwith pretty big is the dance instruction function. My Wife would go nuts over that

I think myself that is going to get big interest, because it's got the real dance move's in it and it teaches you those.

that is pretty good in my opinion.

My almost 3 year old son ran over during the animals game showing and said "Daddy I wanna play that, I wanna play with that kitty"

Win = MSFT

My wife will love the workout game, my daughter will love the dance thing from Harmo and we can all play the goofy looking games together. They seem to have hit the spot they were aiming for with Natal Kinetic.

that I think is the point, Microsoft's Kinect was not just about game's , it's also about getting more people connected over the internet. you know many people in the US do not even use their PC web cam's to make video conference call's to friend's and family, even though it would save quite a bit than long distance phone charges.

You be quite suprised at the study about that very thing they did just a year ago at stanford. the great thing about this is it get's people who never though how to connect to web conference with a web cam with the PC to be able to do it with easy setup and usability.

that I think is what makes Kinect pretty darn good. Hell Even Sony know's what great technology is in the Kinect camera. Sony even though about using it themselves. yes it's expensive but i think it's worth it.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Regardless of how the conference was MS will have a very good sales boost from the redesign and Kinect. My kids flipped out over that animal game and my wife really liked that exercise game so i've got no doubt that Kinect will do anything but boost sales for MS with the casuals.

-PaNdOrA- said:

So now:

- Motion controls are awesome

- Casual games are welcome

I guess the Wii is "cool" now :D

No... it's not...

It only works if it's HD ;)

Just joking

My former account was HeSSeH, but I lost it. 

My personal ratings:

CoD timed exclusive - lame. We don't even know how CoD develops in next years. maybe it will incredibly suck and no one buys it anymore. Also, timed exclusive? PS3 will get it sooner or later. I can't imagine many users chosing the 360 just for some already confirmed timed exclusive DLC.

MGS Rising unique features - probably some Kinect moves. lame.

GeoW 4-player Coop - AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fable III - PC version for me. Release date is fine. Nothing else to say.

Crytek exclusive - Great graphics, yes maybe, but gameplay-wise? Have to see more.

ESPN - Not outside America

Forza 3 with Kinect - okay, I guess... I prefer Controller for Racing games.

Xbox 360 redesign - Same price. Just added WLAN, and bigger HDD. Need I say more? Weight and size was never a problem. Why? Tryping to cope success of PS3 Slim. Pretty obvious.

NOW TO  KINECT:

mostly casual games, nothing really interests me. i 'm not just hardcore gamer, I also play Wii sports, Party games and so on, but come on. This is the HUGE lineup? Really?  Also, I still can't see the big difference between EyeToy and Kinect. Sure, I've also seen it's more accurate, but.. that's it? Below lame.

Overall, worst Microsoft E3, at least for me.

You can disagree with me on some poinst, but this is just my opinion, can't change that.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Barozi said:

rather boring.

Missed the beginning, so most of the good stuff was already shown.

At least I saw Gears 3. The shown Kinect games looked like upgrade version from Wii games, with the exception of Kinect Sports. That one didn't look as good as Wii Sports Resort, maybe not even better than Wii Sports (due to the lack of Tennis)

I'm  just asking myself how much they charge for those games. They looked like retail releases, but I can't imagine that Joy Ride for examples will cost more than $15. It was a XBLA title at first....

And how much is Kinect now ? I think I haven't seen a price tag. Also needs much more core games.

New Crytek exclusive sounds VERY promising. I hope it's their main studio and not Crytek Black Sea or Crytek UK.

ESPN deal is awesome though. Lucky Americans...

I agree, I really liked the look of that trailer. The only thing is that their speciality is in shooters, so it might be from one of their smaller studios. Remember; Crytek UK were Free Radical, who made TimeSplitters 2, which was amazing