By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Microsoft E3 2010 Press Conference Thread

ShadowSoldier said:

Ill say this

I hate motion controls but based off of Software
for me

Move>Kinect

Why? Socom 4, Heavy Rain and Resident Evil 5 will all be Move Playable

As well as regular controller...which is most likely actually more fun.

Around the Network
tombi123 said:
selnor said:
tombi123 said:
selnor said:

OMFG. Hell yes. New Xbox available NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was only a couple of days ago you were saying the 360 slim Natal bundle wouldn't be anymore expensive than the Wii. The 360 slim didn't even get a price drop... even without a Natal thrown in.

Having said that it did look nice.

I think they decided to give the press a free console so they wouldn't slate that, at best, average press conference. 

Did you see the Natal software launch titles... they were poor.

The casuals will love them. People with families will love them. My wife watched the conference with me. And she is already telling me we are getting Kinect. My 3 year old daughter wants Kinectimals. M$ have achieved exactly what they wanted. Sales. 

I do not expect gamers on the internet to like the 2nd half of the conference. It wasnt aimed at them anyway. M$ will be on alot of TV shows now in the west. And I also think Japan may actually go for this.

I think the big thing for the casuals is the price. The Wii wouldn't be half as successful if it had launched at the same price as the 360. 

The fact that MS didn't announce the price suggests its going to be on the expensive side. Rumored prices of $130-190 is just too much for Kinect to have any significance this gen.

M$ havent had a price drop for over a year. They could easily bundle Kinect with the new 360 for $299 come November. IMO they will.

Soriku said:
darthdevidem01 said:
V-r0cK said:

I guess all that Final Fantasy Versus XIII going multiplat rumours can stop for now lol

NOMURA is AT E3 he better be at the SONY press conference tomorrow..he better be there..

He already confirmed Versus won't be at E3 darth, don't get your hopes up even though I want to see Versus too...

He's gonna be there to showcase KH BBS, Recoded, and The Third Birthday.

THey said FFXIII wouldn't be at E3 in 2008 but it was there in trailer form at the end of MS conference

ALL I WANT IS A NEW TRAILER!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

It seemed like the only big bombshell in this conference was that press attendees were given free Xboxes/bribes.

That aside, the conference was not bad by any measure.

Exclusives were almost entirely tied to Kinect not surprisingly, with a couple given (Reach, Gears 3) and one new announced title from Crytek (luke warm audience response; I wasn't moved either). Metal Gear looked fantastic, but no points there as a multiplatform title.

Kinect is looking like it will most definitely offer experiences separate from what is currently available.

Without actually using it, I'd say offhand that it looks like Ubi's fitness title offers better feedback than Wii Fit in a more visually pleasing and more evolved package.

Harmonix's dance title also looked leaps and bounds over DDR in the rhythm category.

MS studio pack in games were perfunctory. No surprises there.

As a UI, Kinect looks like it delivers on exactly what was promised. Big benefits there.

The redesign looks MUCH better with the close ups, particularly the piano black finish (which I hope no one who nit-picked the PS3 as a "dust magnet" "finger print magnet" will now praise the appearance of the New Xbox for doing exactly the same). It actually looks like a higher quality piece of hardware although it's tough to tell without having one in front of you.

Built in WiFi is a big "About Time;" props for making it Draft N.

No price drop? Whoops. So much for the theory that MS would be giving away the 360.

Biggest omission: Kinect price? DId I zone out when that was announced? That and the bundle prices were what I was really waiting to hear about.

Yea, the software is trash, but hey, people will buy it!

Around the Network

Overall, I think MS did an excellent job with content targetted at the casual audience.  I think all the doubts that Kinect would be a flop, from the content perspective, have washed away -- its got a great casual lineup.

Now they just have to price it well, and advertise it.  That might be tough.

rather boring.

Missed the beginning, so most of the good stuff was already shown.

At least I saw Gears 3. The shown Kinect games looked like upgrade version from Wii games, with the exception of Kinect Sports. That one didn't look as good as Wii Sports Resort, maybe not even better than Wii Sports (due to the lack of Tennis)

I'm  just asking myself how much they charge for those games. They looked like retail releases, but I can't imagine that Joy Ride for examples will cost more than $15. It was a XBLA title at first....

And how much is Kinect now ? I think I haven't seen a price tag. Also needs much more core games.

New Crytek exclusive sounds VERY promising. I hope it's their main studio and not Crytek Black Sea or Crytek UK.

ESPN deal is awesome though. Lucky Americans...

On another note, when I saw Kinectimals, I could help but think when the little girl was reaching her hands at the tiger that what are people going to do with Milo?

Pixel Art can be fun.

The new model 360 seems to address every complaint I've heard about the system in forums (noise, small hard drive, heat issues, not wireless, etc) and some people are still complaining about it.  It's like they wouldn't have been happy unless it was priced at $149 (and even then some probably would have bitched about it).  It's like Microsoft can't win with some people regardless of whatever they do.

It's especially funny seeing some people bitch about part of their presentation having a casual focus and then looking down to see a Wii banner or whatever in their sig.  Or those bitching because Microsoft isn't willing to sell their systems cheaper and take a loss like Sony this gen (even though it seemed like a lot of people bashed Microsoft last gen for losing money, now the same people champion Sony which is doing the same things this gen).

Overall I think it was a good conference. I greatly enjoyed the core games shown (all of them, and I'm not a Fable kind of guy), and th Kinect games generally looked neat.

I want it clear that I still expect it to be dead on arrival. It does, however, look neat.