By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GoW III has outsold DMC4 ! Best selling & reviewed slasher of this gen !

Grats! Well deserved :D one of my alll time fave games

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

GOW has never been or ever will be the king of action games.

GOW is alot more mainstream then DMC so it was expected that i would sell more...

Devil may Cry 3 is still the best in DMC series and tops GOWIII for me

Kratos slashes and spits at the corpse of Dante...

Well deserved. I'm hoping for 4.5 - 5.0 Million lifetime.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
shinsa said:

GOW is alot more mainstream then DMC so it was expected that i would sell more...

Who claimed it was that? I see more just mentioning it as the pinnacle of it's genre (hack & slash). While that is of course an opinion, don't make things into what they aren't.

well if im not mistake gustave154 said so on page 1...

He said something along the lines of "the king returns to the throne"

i'm not making "things" (what ever that may be) into something else, i'm just stating my opinion that GOW 1, 2 or3  has never been the king/ pinnacle of the hack and slash genre.

cool, i'm happy for the game :)

It's my favourite game to play on my friend's PS3, GoW 1 & 2 were my fav on PS2 :p

it's definitely better than DMC4, so boring... DMC3 >> DMC4 imo and Bayonetta >> both of them

shinsa said:
CGI-Quality said:
shinsa said:

Who claimed it was that? I see more just mentioning it as the pinnacle of it's genre (hack & slash). While that is of course an opinion, don't make things into what they aren't.

i'm not making "things" (what ever that may be) into something else, i'm just stating my opinion that GOW 1, 2 or3  has never been the king/ pinnacle of the hack and slash genre.

ugh yea he meant the king of the genre Hack/slash...I do agree GOW can be considered an action/adventure also

The issue here is it's your 'opinion' that it was never the pinnacle of the genre...I disagree..and apparently sales and critics disagree with you as well...doesn't make your 'opinion' wrong tho...it's just for YOU it isn't the pinnacle, simple as that, so let's just leave it ye?

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

CGI-Quality said:
Munkeh111 said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:
Munkeh111 said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:
Munkeh111 said:

Decent sales, though now is when we need our graphs to compare sales of GoW 1 and 2 with III, but I think we are going to have to wait for that feature to return

Its gonna outsell your favourite game of this gen in America next week

Others legs are a bit disappointing though...hopefully it picks up later on.

Uncharted 2 will still win worldwide

You do realize that GoW III is gonna outsell what UC2 sold in 8 months in just 13 weeks with ZERO holiday boost, right ?

Wait till the holiday season hits....its gonna EXPLODE in America.

UC2 will win Europe, easily...but GoW III is gonna win America easily..

I feel like having a bet...you interested ?

Not really... I am not a betting man, but I am fairly sure Uncharted 2 will win

I think they'll both manage 4 million. Considering UC2 has co-op/multiplayer modes, I can see it etching out a win. Then again, God of War is a bigger franchise. Simply put, it'll be close.

I think Uncharted 2 can get to 4.5m eventually, I know it doesn't mean that much, but the platinum version has been high on all the pre-order lists, so I would expect a good boost in Europe soon

shinsa said:
CGI-Quality said:
shinsa said:

And that is your opinion. DMC 3 was an amazing game, my favourite slasher before I played GoW.

For many, like me, simple to execute combos is a plus.in DMC it usually requires you to push the analog stick to a certain direction most of the time and that is a bit tedious when doing combos.

Nevertherless, DMC 3 did have superior combat system until GoW III closed that gap down a bit. But lets be honest, other than the amazing gameplay, DMC lacks a good story (some parts make you laugh at its stupidity).

GoW is more cinematic, has a good story and incorporates the awesomeness of Greek Mythology. Therefore its a better complete package imo. 

Don't say your opinions as its fact. You may like DMC more, but GoW is more popular among most people.