By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GoW III has outsold DMC4 ! Best selling & reviewed slasher of this gen !

Its official ! God of War III has now outsold Devil May Cry 4 PS360 combined !

God of War III - 2,546,355 12 Weeks of sale

DMC 4 - 1,244,920 (360) 1,298,486 (PS3) = 2,543,406 122 weeks of sale

This makes GoW III the best selling slasher of this generation and also the best reviewed slasher of this generation (93 meta).

DMC 4 has taken 110 extra weeks to reach the sales that GoW III got in just 12 weeks.

I guess this proves that GoW is in fact the best AND the most popular hack 'n slash series ever made. Kratos is at the very top of the genre's ladder.

Congratz to Stig Asmussen and all SCE Santa Monica for creating this kick ass game which is the best GoW yet imo that ended the trilogy with a bang ! 

Around the Network

did u expect anything else? :P

^^^ Hell NO !

I knew that GoW III would sell a shit load more than GoW 1 & 2 first week...now lets wait and see if it outsells those 2 life time...

this is nthing big, it ws expcted ov god of war, any less wud be disappointng

It was expected - DMC4 didn't sell that well and really isn't as good as DMC3 imo ...

Around the Network

Nice for GoW3.  DMC4 was just alright.  It was just average compared to the rest of the series.  Capcom's losing its touch in this series.

Decent sales, though now is when we need our graphs to compare sales of GoW 1 and 2 with III, but I think we are going to have to wait for that feature to return

Munkeh111 said:

Decent sales, though now is when we need our graphs to compare sales of GoW 1 and 2 with III, but I think we are going to have to wait for that feature to return

Its gonna outsell your favourite game of this gen in America next week

Others legs are a bit disappointing though...hopefully it picks up later on.

Aprisaiden said:

It was expected - DMC4 didn't sell that well and really isn't as good as DMC3 imo ...

But it did outsell DMC3 though...

yeahhhhh finally the king returns to his throne!!!!

good job David Jaffe , Cory Barlog , Stig Asmussen and the SCE Santa MOnica team for making this AWESOME series xD

Now i am hyped for GOW : Ghost Of Sparta !!!!

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!