By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What if PSP2 and 3DS are Download Only?

I wouldn't mind if the games for 3DS and the possible PSP successor would be download only as I like DL services like PSN, WiiWare, GOG, XBLM (which I don't have, but I bet I'd like it). The poorly designed, oversized DS cases are the only aspect of the system I always disliked.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
KylieDog said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:

As for me I guess I wouldn't mind it so much, I just want more discounts and price drops for online games, much like steam does, for PSN, XBLA and Wii/DSi Ware that just doesn't happen and so I buy less from them.

Those all have sales except for Wii /DSi ware.

As to the question I doubt I'll ever buy another handheld again, going to have to come up with some amazing games to convince me.  Even then looking as Nintendos online structure I would probably give that a miss.

I said like steam, not sales... you don't see whole games for $2.50 on PSN or XBLA... or bundles... you also lack things like Square Enix week, you've done nothing to make a point is essentially what I'm saying

"I just want more discounts and price drops for online games, much like steam does"

...and I said they have them.

"you don't see whole games for $2.50 on PSN or XBLA... or bundles..."

Yes you do see whole games drop to that price sometimes, as for bundles check out the Capcom bundles on the US store as good examples.

No you don't I've yet to see a $2.50 game on either XBLA or PSN, that was a whole game like whole games from last gen, it just hasn't happened, hell PS1 games are 6 dollars, most of them are crap except for the first party and Square games (which cost 10 dollars) and on XBLA they sell N64 games from Rare for 800 points and the only way to take advantage of any of the XBLA arcade "deals" is to have XBL Gold.

So no it's not like steam, especially during tha holidays where I can get multiple complete games for less than 20 dollars, hell for steam secret santa I got overlord, the star wars jedi knight collection and braid and that would add up to 20 dollars.  Tell me sir when have you been able to do that on PSN or XBLA?

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

People I asked a 'what if' question. I never said the 3DS would be Download only.

I gave you an imaginary situation so there was no need to say stuff like "I doubt 3DS will be Download Only".

And I gave you all this situation because what IF Sony and Nintendo decide that Download Only is the best and effective way to stop piracy on handhelds? Not saying Sony and Nintendo think alike but what if that's the only way to efficiently counter piracy for the future?

I don't buy handhelds at launch so my opinion isn't too much, but download only wouldn't bother me at all.  It's 2010.  If you don't have the internet you probably aren't interested in tech period, including video games.

Christian973 said:

The 3DS being download only will not be kid-friendly, so i doubt it.

The kids of today are pretty computer savvy.  My little sister and brother have been using computers since they were old enough to have the motor skills to move a mouse.

I would buy it because I want to upgrade from my ugly gray ds.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Around the Network

I'll buy anything with enough games that interest me and is at a fair price.

4 ≈ One

If either affordable handhelds could plug into my computer and allow me to download and save the games directly to them (via USB), I'd definately buy them. Assuming Sony and Nintendo begin using faster servers, with my Comcast connection it would take me ten to twenty minutes to downlod a Gigabyte of data.If the 3DS games do turn out to be 3 to 8GB,I'll just watch TV to past the time.