By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What if PSP2 and 3DS are Download Only?

As the Title suggests, what kind of reaction would you show if both the PSP2 and 3DS turn out to be Download Only and no UMDs or DS Cartridges?

But here's the catch, they both launch at US$200 or equivalent to wherever you live and it's bundled with one free game. And let's all assume that both handhelds have great games launch (meaning games that appeal to you).

So will you buy either of the handhelds at launch or even at a leter date?

Regardless of great software, will you not buy them because it's Download Only?

Around the Network

(as a side note, possible 3DS cartridge design was leaked through a patent)

- but I would still buy a 3DS even if its download only.

If it came with a free 3G service everyone would love it! Otherwise it would fail.

"What have i done.? Is it too late to save me from this place? From the depths of the grave? We all are those .. who thought we were brave."

i bought the PSPGO, so yea id buy either if they had a good launch, im kinda expecting them to both be dl only.

The reason for consoles both home and handheld are for ease of use, go to the store, buy a product, go home, play instantly.  Download only really doesn't fit that format, since not everyone has online, not everyone has wifi, not everyone that has net and wifi know how to use it sadly, so download only would be a bad business choice.

As for me I guess I wouldn't mind it so much, I just want more discounts and price drops for online games, much like steam does, for PSN, XBLA and Wii/DSi Ware that just doesn't happen and so I buy less from them.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

^^ This.

In my opinion Twilight Princess is better than Ocarina of t... * gets shot *

Wouldnt buy it. Need the copy in my hand or it doesnt feel like I own it.

I would prefer a download-only 3DS. No piracy, space-save and lower prices. Also, developers are more likely to take risks via new IPs, niche titles, etc.

I'd buy download only DS if Nintendo can make it easier to transfer games between consoles/future consoles. Right now you can't get transfer WiiWare/DSI Ware without calling Nintendo customer service and pleading with them for hours.

It's just that simple.

I know this is a "what if" thread but after PSPGo bombed so hard, I cannot see this happen. There will probably some sort of downloadable games though.