By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Sorry to say it but...

Sorry to say it,but you guys are crying about nothing. I agree about the hot topics thing,but the rest of the site is a great improvement over the previous version. I'm not going to leave this site because of a different layout,that's just shallow. It does'nt really take me any longer to navigate this site,then it did previously. All you have to do is get used to the version. Simple really.

Around the Network
Kenryoku_Maxis said:

While I'm not a huge fan of this format, just be thankful they've fixed a lot of things.  Frankly, I think everything they did was an improvement except now threads don't show up as a different color when you have been quoted (something that was unique to this site in my view) and this forum layout is rather cramped.

But there is less ads and the site loads MUCH faster.  And I have yet to have my browser crash on me.  Up to the time before the change, my browser was freezing multiple times a week.

Frankly, if you're going to leave, you don't need to tell us.  Its counter to your views that you dislike this site turning into a 'social networking' site to make a thread and telling everyone about you leaving.

I agree with the change in color when quoted in a thread.  You'd have to go back to that thread time to time to see if somebody quoted you or not.

The site seems to load about the same to me, currently when going on this site it loads up the taskbar layouts at the top then waits a while and loads up the rest.  I've never had my web browser crashing on me due to the older version and I use Opera and Modzilla.

I think if people are going to leave the site, it might be in VGC best interest to know the reason(s) why, cause afterall websites rely on people visiting their sites.  It'd be worst to notice that your site doesnt get alot of views not knowing why when you've been thinking that your site was doing just fine.

OT:  I've honestly been going to this site much less due to the new layout (and going to other sites =O ).  Its kinda been a turn off.  But dont worry i wont give up on VGC any time soon =) ...Reading how others are feeling the same on this thread, i can only imagine how new visitors of this site are feeling lost already if the regular visitors are starting to.

I would like Hot Topics to be more sortable.

But after getting used to it, it is a fine site.

MIke from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Good riddance......rofl j/k

I just want the hot topics back....the ONES we have on 2.0 not the new undetailed ones

Hot topics let you:

- Know which thread was new by looking at the post count

- See each forums hot threads by a simple click

- Let you differentiate the different threads main company relation by their colour

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

My biggest problem is that I can't post when Im at work because they have old versions of Internet Explorer on their comps and VGC 3.0 dont support old IE very well.

Around the Network

While I haven't left the site and don't plan to, I cetrain visit it a lot less. My acitivity has lowered a lot.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

just give it a couple of days ;)

at first i was shocked by the amount of changes that were made, now I find myself liking it more and more with each day and chatting (wall to wall lol) with other vgcharters more because of the new activity feed

it's nice to get to know the people you've been posting with all this time a bit better, i like getting to know the great people in the vgchartz community

once they fix a couple of bugs and tweek things a bit it'll be the best forum i've ever joined :D

I know what you mean. All I have to say is the times they are a-changin'.

I only come for the Sales figures. I have endless places to go for reviews, news, forums, whatever..

But this was the only site that had good, comprehensive sales data. I find it really hard to navigate through it, takes me half an hour to figure out if new numbers are up, just a pain.

Are they bringing comments on sales pages back? That was a really useful - you could get extra information when a select few posted insights or opinions that you might not have known or thought about. Now I just seem to skip through it checking the games I had an interest in instead of getting a much wider view of the industry as a whole.

As someone said, begrudging it for a layout change is a bit silly, we'll get used to it, but I do wish the people who make this site realised simplicity and an intuative user interface will bring more people to the site than these flashy, empty fireworks.

They need to bring back the comments for game pages. There is like  no reason to go to game page anymore unless you want to put own game and see sales which are seperated which a dumb idea. Also why couldn't they launch  the site after thry got most of the big features up? Was that too much work?

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you.