By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Sorry to say it but...

For me, it's too hard find a discussion that I want to get into.  In the past, it was all right there in Hot Topics.  One glance and *BAM* (Gun just went off for no reason) you're there.  Now, I have to search through so many different forums.  It's starting to resemble work.  I'm becoming more of a lurker in recent days.

Like you guys have already said, it's a work in progress.  There are already improvements since the first day but I still find navigating to be needlessly complicated.  Do we have any feedback on this new format, yet?  Is it bringing in new members or generating more page hits (aside from old members clicking on 5 different pages to accomplish what they used to with 1 page)?

Around the Network

i'm pretty much ready to leave the site now too.  i'm already coming here a lot less than i use to.  the touble is, the lack of a hot topics and putting news and numbers on completly different pages makes it really difficult to manage any of the things I want to look at.  it feels like work now.  since i mostly visit vgchartz at work i really don't have the time to navigate this stupid new site.  either streamline the site again or i'll be an ex-member quick soon.  i mean seriously, if vgchartz at least added something new that would be one thing but all they did was take the same information that was easy to access before and cluster-fuck the interface.

if vgchartz 3.0 was a console it would be an HD console: pretty but with a consumer prohibitive user interface.

User profile is painfull to navigate, adding games is serious chore now, browsing forums requires tons more clicks now.

And choice of bright thrown randomly colors makes me wonder if this site is truly targeted on business professionals and people interested in more than just gaming or maybe the target was switched to facebook loving fanboy teenagers.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

i ve been on less since 2.0 actually the site will never be like it was from 07-08 b/c there was less members then and even less mods everybody knew each other it was just a basic forum and the console wars had just started now no one really cares bout sales

Play Me

I do specifically hate the hub I type in vgchartz and always go to that hub is pretty annoying and I don't really care for the new color scheme.

Around the Network

Im like Zenfoldor.  I pretty much only go to the forums now.  I loved having the reviews news and sales all there on the same page to see, but i just can be bothered loading up 3 differnt sites just to see them all individually.

Also, without the ability to see the hot topics for each section (Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, etc), i dont really like going through the forums that much anymore either.  I find im going to gaming sites like IGN and Eurogamer more and more and here less and less.

d21lewis said:

For me, it's too hard find a discussion that I want to get into.  In the past, it was all right there in Hot Topics.  One glance and *BAM* (Gun just went off for no reason) you're there.  Now, I have to search through so many different forums.  It's starting to resemble work.  I'm becoming more of a lurker in recent days.

Like you guys have already said, it's a work in progress.  There are already improvements since the first day but I still find navigating to be needlessly complicated.  Do we have any feedback on this new format, yet?  Is it bringing in new members or generating more page hits (aside from old members clicking on 5 different pages to accomplish what they used to with 1 page)?

according to soriku, the number of guests has fallen and took a big hit but online members is about the same.

I want them to have the forums on a list like they were on the bottom of the old site. It is very hard for me to find threads to speak in currently.

While I'm not a huge fan of this format, just be thankful they've fixed a lot of things.  Frankly, I think everything they did was an improvement except now threads don't show up as a different color when you have been quoted (something that was unique to this site in my view) and this forum layout is rather cramped.

But there is less ads and the site loads MUCH faster.  And I have yet to have my browser crash on me.  Up to the time before the change, my browser was freezing multiple times a week.

Frankly, if you're going to leave, you don't need to tell us.  Its counter to your views that you dislike this site turning into a 'social networking' site to make a thread and telling everyone about you leaving.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

It's a shame to see the slowdown in the forums, but the new format really hinders having a good view of the discussions at hand, and makes it harder to find out the details of a thread. I'm really hoping Hot Topics will make a return, it really isn't VGC without it.

But other than that, many of the issues seem to be things ioi is already working on and simply weren't ready for launch, like comments on games, and shared info in the different databases.

But Hot Topics really is the key here...

EDIT: Actually, Hot Topics should be in the place of the activity feed, and you could put the activity feed where the current "hot topics" are. A community that is based on discussion should be viewing the discussions, not private conversations, avatar changes and what not as their main attraction.