By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - We are an Lost Generation ? :(

tombi123 said:
Which way is backwards though ... I'm confused :S

^^ lol :p

backwards would be this:
- "It is nauseating."
- "If I saw the girl who made Lost Generation ripped to shreds by wolverines, I would say:"
- "That is the most inspirational thing I have ever seen"

( i added a bit of punctuation - crazy me :p)

i actaully read it "normally"'; in the order badgenome posted it and thought it made no sense lol, then i read dtewi's post, then i lol'd :D

Around the Network

I don't have a working sound card :(

Slimebeast said:

No he didn't.

Pretentious. Melodramatic. Politically correct. Pathetic. Overemotional. Cheap.

That's what the poem was.

Look, I don't feel like arguing the merits of this poem, but just because something in a commercial has "hope" or whatever  does not make it melodramatic or pretentious.

I bet you thought the Texting while Driving Public Service Announcement was unrealistic and pretentious.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Slimebeast said:
dtewi said:
Slimebeast said:

I was about to vomit.

Watch this instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Umq6ac5r5uM&feature=related

The guy who made that video is a giant douche.

We're just amazed for 5 seconds and it lets the message sink in.

He clearly missed the point of the poem.

No he didn't.

Pretentious. Melodramatic. Politically correct. Pathetic. Overemotional. Cheap.

That's what the poem was.

It is the first time I'm with you on something, I think. Lol.

I don't get why you're all so worked up over this. It uses some cliches and you call it stupid.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

Around the Network

Hey I liked it.

"What have i done.? Is it too late to save me from this place? From the depths of the grave? We all are those .. who thought we were brave."

dtewi said:

I don't get why you're all so worked up over this. It uses some cliches and you call it stupid.

It's one giant annoying cliche undeserving of any kind of appreciation, not too mention the extreme generalization that it uses to describe my generation.

Fuck this video.

Thank god that I'm a generation before that..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Xen said:
dtewi said:

It's one giant annoying cliche undeserving of any kind of appreciation, not too mention the extreme generalization that it uses to describe my generation.

Fuck this video.

You're too focused on the cliched part of the video.

Just because something is cliched doesn't mean it doesn't have a message. You focus so much on the minor issues in probably every message. If an after school special had a child almost getting kidnapped if he didn't run away, you would think that cheesy and unrealistic. But that's it. There's still a message, no matter how cheesy you may think it is. You focus on the cliches and superficial meanings in any after school special or public service announcement but I doubt you even give what they're talking about a second thought.

The message here is that our generation is in fact generalized every day. It's assumed our future is going to be terrible by just about everyone. It's extremely generalized because it's extremely generalized in real life. The poem then says that these generalizations do not have to be true and it can be changed. That was the point.

Do you even consider messages in these things or just assume that since it's cliched or cheesy it isn't worth your time?

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

dtewi said:
Xen said:
dtewi said:

Fuck this video.

You're too focused on the cliched part of the video.

Just because something is cliched doesn't mean it doesn't have a message. You focus so much on the minor issues in probably every message. If an after school special had a child almost getting kidnapped if he didn't run away, you would think that cheesy and unrealistic. But that's it. There's still a message, no matter how cheesy you may think it is. You focus on the cliches and superficial meanings in any after school special or public service announcement but I doubt you even give what they're talking about a second thought.

The message here is that our generation is in fact generalized every day. It's assumed our future is going to be terrible by just about everyone. It's extremely generalized because it's extremely generalized in real life. The poem then says that these generalizations do not have to be true and it can be changed. That was the point.

Do you even consider messages in these things or just assume that since it's cliched or cheesy it isn't worth your time?

This video is for the weak. The ones who are talked to in this video. The ones that don't fight a generalization. I don't respect the audience this video is for, and therefore, I don't respect the video either. Good massage or not.

Something can be cheesy and cliched and still have a good massage. Look at some love songs, for example. But that something cannot address an audience that doesn't have the wit to realize that they're living a fucked up life - the massage is absolutely worthless because of its worthless audience.

Change comes from self-realization deep within. Not pointless and useless videos.