By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - We are an Lost Generation ? :(

dtewi said:
Xen said:

No. Its gravity is what makes it so different from the usual PSA stuff, it's tougher, not worse.

You're just trying to rationalize your insulted feelings when you don't even notice your way of thinking can be applied to a multitude of other things.

Such as... what? Crossing the street? Wearing a seatbelt? These are simple. Do it wrong, die. No depth involved.

I'm rationalizing deep thinking and fighting against the "oh, so simple" perception this video is offering. Am I insulted? Yes. Both by being shoveled in with the rest, and by its ridiculous and instant shift rationale. It's not simple. That's it.

Around the Network
Xen said:
dtewi said:
Xen said:

No. Its gravity is what makes it so different from the usual PSA stuff, it's tougher, not worse.

You're just trying to rationalize your insulted feelings when you don't even notice your way of thinking can be applied to a multitude of other things.

Such as... what? Crossing the street? Wearing a seatbelt? These are simple. Do it wrong, die. No depth involved.

I'm rationalizing deep thinking and fighting against the "oh, so simple" perception this video is offering. Am I insulted? Yes. Both by being shoveled in with the rest, and by its ridiculous and instant shift rationale. It's not simple. That's it.

"Just because you think the video is insulting to you personally does not make the video shit."

I am going to repeat this until you understand that concept.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

dtewi said:
Xen said:
dtewi said:
Xen said:

"Just because you think the video is insulting to you personally does not make the video shit."

I am going to repeat this until you understand that concept.

Then I think we're about done here, since taking to you resembles talking to the ceiling.

although i dont agree with what seems to be a HUGE generalization of my generation into these peoples views of the generation, it was a well tought out and clever peom. nice vid.

Details of the video "I guess I should finally get around to putting something here. I am surprised that it has received so much attention recently.

This video was created for the AARP U@50 video contest and placed second

It is based on the Argentinian Political Advertisement "The Truth" by RECREAR"

This guy didn't ask for success/popularity, English isn't his native language and I much rather have people like him in my generation than people that actually waste their time making hate/troll videos. But that's just me.

Around the Network
Tuganuno said:

Details of the video "I guess I should finally get around to putting something here. I am surprised that it has received so much attention recently.

This guy didn't ask for success/popularity, English isn't his native language and I much rather have people like him in my generation than people that actually waste their time making hate/troll videos. But that's just me.

that's why i thought it was cool, the dude is just some kid doing an assignment, why are so many people against the video? it's harmless and actually pretty nice :)

the guy who responded by making another video is who you should be against, i mean he made this video making fun of the dude all the while belittling his accomplishment even though he doesn't even speak english natively.

Im actually a little shocked that dtewi doesn't get it, despite Xen's efforts to explain.

I mean that thing, the poem or whatever it is, is on a total different level than public announcements about wearing a seat belt. They can't even be compared.

One angle is that it expresses something, a lifetsyle, or a mentality that is very hard to change.

Another angle is that those people behind that poem represent something which I don't like, a mentaltiy.. I think "self-righteous" is a fitting word.

And there is huge reason to feel offended by it. One reason is because it represents all this politically correct bullshit that the whole western world is being fed and brainwashed with.

miz1q2w3e said:
Tuganuno said:

that's why i thought it was cool, the dude is just some kid doing an assignment, why are so many people against the video? it's harmless and actually pretty nice :)

the guy who responded by making another video is who you should be against, i mean he made this video making fun of the dude all the while belittling his accomplishment even though he doesn't even speak english natively.

That may be the case, but it doesn't matter that it was a naive little kid who made it, since the video has taken a life of its own and is interpreted a certain way by the millions of viewers.