By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Morgan Webb rants about Super Mario Galaxy 2, hilariously bad reasons

I know the whole reason Morgan Webb is popular in the media is because she's an attractive female gamer but man oh man did she go on a Hatfield Award Winning rant on the G4 chat about SMG2.  She stopped using the word kiddy everytime she describes Mario now its too cartoony.

Video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IibvKxLFjpo

And things like that is why I stopped watching G4 and X-Play, take out the humor and the fact they used to have good taste, even with Adam Sesslers Nintendo rants, while being mean he was always funny with it... this isn't funny and she sounds like a dumb blond while doing it "so like this happened and it was so like cartoony I just like can't stand it!"

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

I think the funny part about her complaining about lack of mature stuff, cartoonish styles and whatnot is that she's far from mature herself. She's like the 13-year old who pretends to be an adult.

Seriously? I'm glad I stopped watching X-Play a while ago. Too cartoony?? That's like saying Mario Kart has too much racing.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Aww, she used the word 'insipid' (claps for her)... ^_^ It's so cute when little girls use big words. 

Webb Morgan? Seriously? My sister knows more about gaming than her. What's next? Patcher?

Around the Network

It is an opinion ya know...

Maybe she is just sick of the same old. (Which is what Mario Galaxy 2 is).   Alot of people I would wager feel the same way.  Perhaps by cartoony she meant...Unchanged....practically identical to every Mario iteration since Mario 64.  On that sense I would totally agree.

It's actually my biggest gripe of Nintendo in general with a good amount of their games.  They run them stale into the ground for years until they finally do something that people wished they had done years prior.  (Metroid for Gamecube was a wonderful welcomed edition....but it only took them how long?).  Games like Super Smash Brothers are practically the same damn game as the one for Gamecube.  Mario hasn't really looked different since Mario  64.  Zelda, I suppose they did have the Windwaker which was a deviation but then back to the same old, same old with Twilight Princess. 

I mean don't get me wrong, still quality games but it does get rather stale, IMHO.

Rpruett said:

Maybe she is just sick of the same old. (Which is what Mario Galaxy 2 is).   Alot of people I would wager feel the same way.  Perhaps by cartoony she meant...Unchanged....practically identical to every Mario iteration since Mario 64.  On that sense I would totally agree.

It's actually my biggest gripe of Nintendo in general with a good amount of their games.  They run them stale into the ground for years until they finally do something that people wished they had done years prior.  (Metroid for Gamecube was a wonderful welcomed edition....but it only took them how long?).  Games like Super Smash Brothers are practically the same damn game as the one for Gamecube.  Mario hasn't really looked different since Mario  64.  Zelda, I suppose they did have the Windwaker which was a deviation but then back to the same old, same old with Twilight Princess. 

I mean don't get me wrong, still quality games but it does get rather stale, IMHO.

Reported for thread derailing.  Cartoony has absolutely nothing to do with unchanged.  The words are completely unrelated.  The concepts are completely unrelated.  You're just twisting the thread's content to fit what you want to talk about.

By the way, this conversation has been had many times on this forum, and I honestly can't comprehend how someone could think Super Mario Galaxy is the same as SM64.  I guess that whole "gravity" concept didn't really add anything new. *rolls eyes*

OT: The only people who value her opinion are worshipers of G4TV and such people are very rare.

Oh Lord.

While watching this video all I can do is shake my head. The Wii Bingo board was reeling like a slot machine in my head. Rolling 7s on the trolling...

Like oh my God, like , it was like yea, like , im a fan, but like, i needed more 3D, and like, old giant SD TV, and like im too old and like, its a cartoon like omigosh like, like, the story get rid of it like, yea like ugh, like omg, like know what i mean like yea.

Put a sock in it bitch.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Wow, I got it.  So "mature" (I am no longer 4 years old) means more gory graphics, or maybe some sexual content, or at least "photo realism" (aka, graphics that look horrible 10 years from now) and also easy, because as an adult, you don't have HOURS to beat it.

Ok, did I nail what is considered "non-casual" (hardcore)?

tarheel91 said:
Rpruett said:

Reported for thread derailing.  Cartoony has absolutely nothing to do with unchanged.  The words are completely unrelated.  The concepts are completely unrelated.  You're just twisting the thread's content to fit what you want to talk about.

By the way, this conversation has been had many times on this forum, and I honestly can't comprehend how someone could think Super Mario Galaxy is the same as SM64.  I guess that whole "gravity" concept didn't really add anything new. *rolls eyes*

OT: The only people who value her opinion are worshipers of G4TV and such people are very rare.

If you actually watched and listened to the video she very clearly makes a possible connection as to what she was referencing by mentioning 'Cartoony'.

"I think it looks too cartoony for me, and I feel like I've done the Mario nostalgia thing."

I don't think it's soley on the 'cartoony' look from the game but the consistent pattern of 'cartoony' appearance that has remained unchanged through the years has left her disappointed, feeling like it is just more of the same.  Personally, I agree with that premise.

Please report me for de-railing the thread though because you're butt hurt.  Laughable.