By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Others/EMEAA up!! (29th May 2010)

CGI-Quality said:
Smashchu2 said:
CGI-Quality said:

ModNation showing legs afterall!

Legs imply that the game sells for a long period of time. You don't have legs when you sell well for a week and 2 days.

Just keep on trying. I understand it's hard to accept.

Dude, come on. I think he is right. This is barely the 2nd week, let's wait a couple more to see where the game stands. Then people can call legs

Around the Network
Hyruken said:

Think those are some really interesting numbers there. Especially in UK.

I expected the PS3/360 Gap to be a lot bigger then that due to the bank holiday weekend deals which favoured 360 bigtime. At Best Buy here all the 360's were sold out. While the PS3's failed to sell anywhere near at the same ratio. 11 of the top 20 games sold were on 360.

So i am very surprised at those numbers and would love to know how acurate it really was. It really is a shame we don't have any figures like NPD tracked here.

Rest of the numbers though are horrible for 360. The price cut is now badly needed for those places me thinks.

Numbers are always similar to US breakdown in the UK except the rest of Europe the PS3 dominates so it doesn't surprise me.

CGI-Quality said:
darthdevidem01 said:
CGI-Quality said:

And Poor WAKE , it really isn't lighting up the charts as I thought it would.

If it can stay over 10K consistently it should end with a solid total in EU though. Some games show legs on the lower end but after like 2 years you see their sales & its surprising how much further they go. Lets hope alan Wake can do this.

I agree, but perhaps many of us just put too much expectation on it. After all, it's not like horror games have performed that well this gen, that didn't say "Resident Evil" on them of course. It really is the King of the genre.

Probably yeah & also after Heavy Rains' tremendous sales maybe some people suddenly thought Alan Wake could see a similar kind of sales success.

But we forget games that are successes out of nowhere like Heavy Rain don't come often..at all.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Boutros said:
SCEA said:

What does EMEAA mean?

Ouch at 360 sales....

Europe, Middle East, Asia and Africa

Where does Latin America and Oceania go?

Boutros said:
jarrod said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:

MNR 2nd week over 1st week by 1k Keep up the good legs.

[...]

This will piss off a lot a new curious breed recently spat on Earth by some awkward twist of evolution: the "MNR haters".  

Week 1 = 1 Day

Week 2 = 7 Days

Downplayin'!

Week 1 is 2 days.

But... that's not what the Sony Defense Force told me last thread? :(

Around the Network

Wii is losing ground really fast this year in Others. Specially in the SW side, mainly because there hasn't been a new release in ages. I honestly think Nintendo will have to release a new console by next year, no one is developing games for it anymore, save for the usual Wii Fit/Party/Rythm games clones.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

ElGranCabeza said:
Boutros said:
SCEA said:

What does EMEAA mean?

Ouch at 360 sales....

Europe, Middle East, Asia and Africa

Where does Latin America and Oceania go?

i assume south and central america are the americas

oceania is in EMEAA

Above & Beyond

Fab_GS said:
SCEA said:

What does EMEAA mean?

Ouch at 360 sales....

EMEAA = Europe, Middle East, Asia and Africa.

Read here for more info:-
http://www.vgchartz.com/methodology.php

I actually think this term does not exist. Using or rather misusing a standard business term (EMEA) does not give the appearance of professionalism.

You could use maybe EMEA/APAC or something lice that. Although APAC obviously includes Japan....

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

CGI-Quality said:
darthdevidem01 said:
CGI-Quality said:
darthdevidem01 said:
CGI-Quality said:

And Poor WAKE , it really isn't lighting up the charts as I thought it would.

If it can stay over 10K consistently it should end with a solid total in EU though. Some games show legs on the lower end but after like 2 years you see their sales & its surprising how much further they go. Lets hope alan Wake can do this.

I agree, but perhaps many of us just put too much expectation on it. After all, it's not like horror games have performed that well this gen, that didn't say "Resident Evil" on them of course. It really is the King of the genre.

Probably yeah & also after Heavy Rains' tremendous sales maybe some people suddenly thought Alan Wake could see a similar kind of sales success.

But we forget games that are successes out of nowhere like Heavy Rain don't come often..at all.

Well that and WAKE is a completely different beast (something I've been saying all along). HEAVY RAIN is truly a psychological, film-noir thriller. WAKE is a psychological thriller, but a survival horror title as well (similar to SILENT HILL 2). I did think WAKE would perform big numbers, but mainly because of who was backing it.

It is odd that after a huge 5 year dev cycle Microsoft just doesn't market it that well.....very odd.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

CGI-Quality said:
Maynard_Tool said:
CGI-Quality said:
Smashchu2 said:
CGI-Quality said:

ModNation showing legs afterall!

Legs imply that the game sells for a long period of time. You don't have legs when you sell well for a week and 2 days.

Just keep on trying. I understand it's hard to accept.

Dude, come on. I think he is right. This is barely the 2nd week, let's wait a couple more to see where the game stands. Then people can call legs

I'm guessing you missed or ignored threads from last week. It was pegged as a flop, BIG TIME. People are happy to see that may not be the case. Where's the problem?

Oh, I thought this was something serious, not just part of a stupid flame war. I'll step aside... carry on.