By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Others/EMEAA up!! (29th May 2010)

CGI-Quality said:
darthdevidem01 said:
CGI-Quality said:
darthdevidem01 said:
CGI-Quality said:
darthdevidem01 said:
CGI-Quality said:

And Poor WAKE , it really isn't lighting up the charts as I thought it would.

If it can stay over 10K consistently it should end with a solid total in EU though. Some games show legs on the lower end but after like 2 years you see their sales & its surprising how much further they go. Lets hope alan Wake can do this.

I agree, but perhaps many of us just put too much expectation on it. After all, it's not like horror games have performed that well this gen, that didn't say "Resident Evil" on them of course. It really is the King of the genre.

Probably yeah & also after Heavy Rains' tremendous sales maybe some people suddenly thought Alan Wake could see a similar kind of sales success.

But we forget games that are successes out of nowhere like Heavy Rain don't come often..at all.

Well that and WAKE is a completely different beast (something I've been saying all along). HEAVY RAIN is truly a psychological, film-noir thriller. WAKE is a psychological thriller, but a survival horror title as well (similar to SILENT HILL 2). I did think WAKE would perform big numbers, but mainly because of who was backing it.

It is odd that after a huge 5 year dev cycle Microsoft just doesn't market it that well.....very odd.

Almost makes me think they had no faith in it after sometime.

Yeah, or maybe they thought the budget was so high already they couldn't put money into marketing it, who knows. It did get good reviews in the end, a missed opportunity imo.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

The Americas have saved Alan Wake had it debuted there at under 100k the game would be a colossal failure. No in the same vein as No More Heroes 2 but still a huge flop.

Wake should do 1m-1.5m eventually shouldn't it?

1m would be good sales for a TPS survival game in my view,its only on one platform too

they can't of made any money on it surely,but then what do i know,i know i'd buy it if i could though,but ithen i'm a fan of the genre

Above & Beyond

cmeese47 said:

The Americas have saved Alan Wake had it debuted there at under 100k the game would be a colossal failure. No in the same vein as No More Heroes 2 but still a huge flop.

Eh, Alan Wake was in development for 5 years (and planning had started years before that even).  It was probably more expensive to make than NMH1, NMH2 and the HD Remix all combined.

Bleh, I still can't get used to the new VGChartz.  I don't mind the "look" per se I just mind the layout of data.

Around the Network
jarrod said:
Boutros said:
jarrod said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:

MNR 2nd week over 1st week by 1k Keep up the good legs.

[...]

This will piss off a lot a new curious breed recently spat on Earth by some awkward twist of evolution: the "MNR haters".  

Week 1 = 1 Day

Week 2 = 7 Days

Downplayin'!

Week 1 is 2 days.

But... that's not what the Sony Defense Force told me last thread? :(

What? It also applies to NMH2 you know.

emeaa europe, middle east, africa and asia

Boutros said:
jarrod said:
Boutros said:
jarrod said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:

[...]

This will piss off a lot a new curious breed recently spat on Earth by some awkward twist of evolution: the "MNR haters".  

Week 1 = 1 Day

Week 2 = 7 Days

Downplayin'!

Week 1 is 2 days.

I believe you.  Just saying, it's the line the apologists were using a week ago.

i know the chart lists look more professional and all,and i guess they wanted less fanboyism

but i did prefer the colours on the chartlists,you can see at a glance,i need to wear my glasses now just to see whats what on the Vgchartz homepage and chart lists,

maybe they can make the PS3,Wii,360 a bit bigger in the brackets,lol 

Above & Beyond

jarrod said:
Boutros said:
jarrod said:
Boutros said:
jarrod said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:

[...]

Week 1 = 1 Day

Week 2 = 7 Days

Downplayin'!

Week 1 is 2 days.

I believe you.  Just saying, it's the line the apologists were using a week ago.

I was just correcting a mistake you've made. I like correcting mistakes.

But I'm pretty sure you made that "mistake" on purpose though, am I wrong?