By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Others/EMEAA up!! (29th May 2010)

Dallinor said:

Can anyone get the link to the thread about last weeks Others numbers?

Plenty of people were predicting MNR to bomb 2nd week.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=110147&page=1

Around the Network
Alby_da_Wolf said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:

MNR 2nd week over 1st week by 1k Keep up the good legs.

[...]

This will piss off a lot a new curious breed recently spat on Earth by some awkward twist of evolution: the "MNR haters".  

Week 1 = 1 Day

Week 2 = 7 Days

Downplayin'!

GodOfWar_3ever said:
Kinneas14 said:

Good sales for ModNation Racers, more than the first week day!

First 2 days actually....like almost EVERY other game released in Europe.....yet people continuously say "Its only 1 day of sales...lets wait till the first full week"

I say wait for the first full month. Most games have a tendancy to fall off the charts in a few weeks or so. Also, I was wondering where Just Dance and New Super Mario Bros Wii went and there they are, at 11 and 12 respectively. I find it funny though: everyone is praising these new games or games that haven't been on there very long, but we ignore the elephant in the room which has been on the chart for a few months.

Scruff7 said:
Boutros said:

omg I just realized it's also the first week for No More Heroes 2.

*gasp*

No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle (Wii)
Rising Star
1 5,486 5,486

*gasp*

surely some mistake... that's really bad... perhaps some sneaky early sales before the confirmed release?

Rising Star.  Shops won't even carry their games.  MMV would've honestly been better off letting Ubi have it in Europe too.

jarrod said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:

MNR 2nd week over 1st week by 1k Keep up the good legs.

[...]

This will piss off a lot a new curious breed recently spat on Earth by some awkward twist of evolution: the "MNR haters".  

Week 1 = 1 Day

Week 2 = 7 Days

Downplayin'!

Week 1 is 2 days.

Around the Network

Xbox 360 selling worse than PSP, even without Japan.

can't be a good sign for Microsoft this week. 360 needs something to kick start sales.

Atari 2600, Sega Mega Drive, Game Boy, Game Boy Advanced, N64, Playstation, Xbox, PSP Phat, PSP 3000, and PS3 60gb (upgraded to 320gb), NDS

Linux Ubuntu user

Favourite game: Killzone 3

Blur is selling poorly.  I think the demo/beta was overly generous.

Boutros said:

First week for UFC Undisputed 2010 (PS3 above 360), Blur (360 above PS3) and Alpha Protocol (PS3 above 360).

Final Fantasy XIII 360 above PS3.

I can explain most of those one PS3 is running a UFC ad, two its Europe so I expected Alpha Protocol to be ahead on PS3, lastly the 360 version has received a large price cut in others while the PS3 version is still same price. Not all countries is that true for though. Blur just baffles me considering Racing games almost exclusively do better on the ps3.

GTA San Andreas (PS2) > GTA IV (PS3) this week

Damn, Wii Fit and Wii Sports still sell like crazy, as if every new Wii owners buy these along with their Wii.