By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Who already wants VGC 4.0?

Donutsticks said:

was this new change done to increase advertisment space?

I really don't

No.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

Dude, this is not necessary and disrespectful; asking for 4.0 when the team has been working their asses off for months on 3.0.

There's a suggestion thread. Go report any bugs and make suggestions and be patient until all of this gets ironed out.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Yay quick reply is back!

Anyway, the only real problem I have is that they all seem seperate. The fact that there are different game pages for sales and for the games on the profile. I like the overall idea, but there are still a few little things that would make it much better, like the recent threads box, without that I just feel confused. Another sub-bar underneath forums at the top of this page with all the differnt forums would also be nice

I like the new design, and I understand that there will be teething issues, so I just hope that you solve all the problems I have soon

I don't like it either.

I think it's a great idea. Looks very professional, and it seems easy enough to navigate. if i only want news, or sales, which i usually do, i'll only have to go to the one page. Brilliant :D

Around the Network
ioi said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:

hey we all love VGC,it is my fav site

and i know people would have worked hard over this but did you really needed to separate everything

it has a number of advantages,its alrite to expand into a network but atleast keep the VGC HUB like the all in one VGC we had earlier.

Well, what specifically is it that you dislike? The hub page lists a few of the most popular stories, latest reviews, latest chart and a few threads - is it really that different to the old homepage?

The biggest issue with the old site is that it didn't know what it was trying to be. I had this comment made to me on many occasions - are we a sales site, a reviews site, news site, community site? By throwing it all together it overwhelms many new visitors to the site and turns them away. With the new design, we have the correct balance between having seperate core areas to appeal to different people and an overall cohesiveness that pulls the site together.

i actually joined VGC cause i could find everything on page and VGC page was very simple

anyways if it does overwhelm the many new visiter,you could provide a feature like customizable hompage for the users so that we

put all that we like from VGC on one page

like the sales,forum,news,predictions section on one page with detailed info

the HUB also could do with a little more detailing,right now it feels like a link page that are found around the net

Donutsticks said:

I think the worst part about the new changes is how you have to endlessly scroll down to see what the new stories are and stuff. why did you have to go with such big fonts. Shrink the font size by miles and you will help your  page out.

yeah i didn't like that too,i really like the all in one page with covering everything on screen and not need to scroll

I totally agre. I hate it and I doubt I'll get used to it.

hatmoza said:

Dude, this is not necessary and disrespectful; asking for 4.0 when the team has been working their asses off for months on 3.0.

There's a suggestion thread. Go report any bugs and make suggestions and be patient until all of this gets ironed out.

didn't mean any disrepect but just didn't like the separation

Well when I first discovered VGchartz, not so long ago, I WAS BLOWN away with the possibillity that you can see everything, like you said. IT tried to be EVERYTHING and it was friking awesome at that.

I dont know about that new thing, we'll see