By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Who already wants VGC 4.0?

Solid_Snake4RD said:
Myak-04 said:

I had a few issues at the start, as is the norm with change. Though I am beginning to like it :D. Also I appreciate that the site developers are taking time to read over complaints and adjusting them for our enjoyment.... not many sites do that :D.

I just hope everything is up and running well before E3 :P .

almost every site does

XD Really? .... Well I appreciate it anyway :P . 

Around the Network
Solid_Snake4RD said:

I really don't like the new site.

Don't tell me i would get used to it over time cause I just won't this time

Its like they have separted all the VGC stuff we like,now we have to visit different pages for forum,sales,news,etc.

also trying to be a social network and being too fancy isn't what i like.

atleast the HUB should have been the 'all in one thing'

Its alright if VGC is trying to expand its network but keep it basic and the same for what VGCians have come to love it for.

I AM ALREADY WAITING FOR VGC 4.0,hope it would be better and not worse

Totally agree, this is now easily the worst site I know for gaming due to the new design, I won't be here very often at all from now on.

ioi said:

Come on, have a little bit of respect for the team of people who've spent the last 3-4 months slaving over this site.

It may not be to your initial taste (everyone hated VGC 2.0 if you remember) but if you look around all the different areas you'll see that we're doing a lot of things now that just weren't possible with the old site. The decision to move to network of seperate sites is obviously deliberate and has a number of advantages over the old design.

Seriously? this took months to make? not to be rude but it looks very rushed and half finished, a terrible colour scheme, you have seperated the site into 4 "new sites", it is now a pain to find anything you want.

So far 90% of people making posts in these design threads are not impressed.

Aaaaa change! Im scared of change

finalsquall said:

I do like some of the changes. However I like to have more recent forum topics on the front page as I don't search the forums, I only look at the front page. It was easy to glance and find what you wanted to read.  I'll always support this site - so change is good. Keep up the good work Brett!!!

yeah thats what i wanted,have separate networks but have a detailed thing of everything on the main page

Around the Network
ioi said:
mmnin said:

I'm sure we will get used to whatever comes down the pipe, but could we not have the option of a summary hub similar to what we had before?  With just one click or glance I could check everything I needed, reply to a topic, etc.  I check VGchartz several times a day, but now it will take me a good 10 minutes just to see everything I used to in a matter of seconds.  Sometimes glamour and new does not equate better.  Adding options to a site is fine in moderation.  This is our home.  Imagine if someone came in and flipped your home upside down, added 3 more kitchens, made a super long hallway to get in and out, etc. and didn't talk to you about it.  I think it is understandable that we might have a few things to say. 

One huge benefit of VGchartz is that there is a much more intelligent userbase here than on most other gaming sites.  I would love if there were more requests and considerations for our input during the planning stages of these type of drastic changes.

Well there a few fundamental issues here.

VGChartz is a business with a team of people running it - we have a number of people's interests to consider and make decisions for the greater good as a whole. We do ask for input all the time (i've made numerous threads with polls on things I haven't been sure about) but at the end of the day we have a number of goals to meet as we expand and grow - some of which will suit some people and some will suit others.

To be more specific - people are saying "keep VGChartz as it is, we don't need to expand and add more features like site xxx or yyy" - says who? Everybody who runs VGChartz absolutely wants it to grow and take on site xxx and yyy - the site cannot just remain stagnant and stay "small and intimate" just because there is one set of people who like it as it is - from our research and understanding a lot more people will like the site as it is now than previously so it is a positive step and totally natural that those already using the site may have issues as they are used to the old site. To offset that, we expect a large upswing in new visitors to the site over the next month or so, especially with E3 and the massive presence VGChartz will have there.

Essentially, we listen to all opinions and make the best decisions to find a balance between them, don't think that a lot of thought and planning hasn't gone into this site (about 6-9 months worth).

yeah we want VGC to be big but not to become the sites that we hate like IGN,gamespot

the gamerreview and gamerfeed feel like a page on IGN,and the VGChartz page feels dead

ioi said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:

hey we all love VGC,it is my fav site

and i know people would have worked hard over this but did you really needed to separate everything

it has a number of advantages,its alrite to expand into a network but atleast keep the VGC HUB like the all in one VGC we had earlier.

Well, what specifically is it that you dislike? The hub page lists a few of the most popular stories, latest reviews, latest chart and a few threads - is it really that different to the old homepage?

The biggest issue with the old site is that it didn't know what it was trying to be. I had this comment made to me on many occasions - are we a sales site, a reviews site, news site, community site? By throwing it all together it overwhelms many new visitors to the site and turns them away. With the new design, we have the correct balance between having seperate core areas to appeal to different people and an overall cohesiveness that pulls the site together.

Like I say, nobody likes change and those who were used to the site will want the old site back just like everybody did with 2.0. Those who can see the big picture will be excited about the new possibilities that this site offers. gamrConnect in particular is now geared more towards many smaller relationships and interactions than one large one where everybody annoys each other and trolls each other's threads. You can form friendships, track those friends, use their wall to keep in contact and then go to find the forum that is of most interest to you to post in. It will reduce trolling, taking threads off-topic and give each sub-forum a different feel. It will obviously take some time to adjust to, but it'll be worth it...

VGC 2.0 was in fact a bit overwhelming in its front page, but it did have the traditional VGC features easily accessible (sales data and forums). The reason it was overwhelming was that you were expanding the site with more and more kinds of content (reviews, news, etc.).

VGC 3.0 has the opposite problem of fracturing all the content into different sites, which many people don't appreciate as it means more mouse clicks to access the same information.

If you look at the big picture, it seems to me that the root of the problems behind both 2.0 and 3.0 is that you are trying to make the site do too much. And now reaching a point where it's no longer a site, but four different ones, none of which is as good as the original VGChartz.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

people are making to much of a big deal over this version. All of you will eventually get used to it. I like the fact each section has it's own dedicated channel/subsite,are however you want to put it.

Honestly. I don't like it either. It feels too spread out now. and it is completely un-necessary. But hey I don't pay for the site nor do I own it. So I guess I really can't complain after all. :D

I like it right now,but, I think I can learn to love it.