By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rockstar steps down E3 plans - NO NEW Games to be shown!

Rockstar steps down E3 plans

No new games to be shown in LA, says publisher

Rockstar's stepped down its E3 plans, telling journalists that it will be showing no new games at the Los Angeles mega event this month.

A company spokesperson told CVG that instead it will be focusing on scheduling its own dedicated press rounds at its headquarters in the coming weeks.

"In the end, we feel we simply don't have enough time to show as much as we would like in the time available," a spokesperson said. Rockstar was planning to show Max Payne 3 and LA Noire at the show.

It's also been claimed, via Nuts writer Rory Buckeridge, that the GTA house has pulled an "E3 game launch". 

However, our thinking hat tells us that game announcements would probably be reserved for a platform holder press conference, and thus wouldn't be affected.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=249017

Well since Agent isn't a "NEW" game per se (we saw the logo last E3) lets hope we'll still see something from it at SONY's conference

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Agent WILL be there. It's planned for a late 2010 release. They need to show something soon or... lol @ the sales.

Carl2291 said:

Agent WILL be there. It's planned for a late 2010 release. They need to show something soon or... lol @ the sales.

I have faith in them, well it was shaken after the GTA4 disappointment but with Agent I won't be expecting it to be like GTA:SA.

EDIT: EFF this thing, it deleted what I said after my first line AGAIN

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Agent Please.

but while i wait, RDR should hold me over

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Well even with no new game we should certainly see Agent at Sony's conference, even if we have to wait a little longer for LA Noire and Max Payne 3 info

They are not completely denying that a new game will be announced, so I will still have my fingers crossed at the Sony press conference for GTA V Vice

Around the Network

No need we all know what Rockstar's going to come out with. Show something later down the road,when they have the time.

Carl2291 said:

Is Agent really supposed to come out this year? I doubt it,  no videogame retailer has a release date or pre-order available.

LA Noire has a September placeholder pre-order release date and Max Payne 3 has an October.

They better show LA Noire and Agent. Neither are "new" so I guess its possible.

I hope LA Noir gets a Spring 2011 release.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

I'm waiting for the next GTA actually.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."